Chapter 15: People Only See What Outside (unedited)

A tense silence still permeates the scene. Nobody moved an inch. They were still shocked by the unexpected turn of events.

The Persian feline was still glaring dangerously at them with his sharp eyes. The shape of his eyebrow made an impression that he won't tolerate anything that opposes him.

After a painful moment of tenseness, he opened his mouth, "Just for ya to know, I'm not angry with y'all."

"Huh?" Arthur couldn't help but make a weird sound like an idiot. "You, what?"

Wiping his nosebleed, Tyson retracted his gaze and moved to pick up his cap. "This is just my usual expression. I was born with these eyes. It's not my fault that it looks scary." He put it back on his head and hid his eyes with its visor. "As a Persian cat, I also have a face that always looks dissatisfied with something, adding fuel to the fire. That's why I always cover them, or people would react like you two."

Listening to his explanation, Arthur moved his gaze away, somewhat ashamed of himself. The least behavior he liked of people was judging people based on their looks, yet he did just that.

He wondered if the president felt the same. She didn't have an expression on her face now when he looked at her.

The feline continued, "Suck for being born like this. For all the things I inherited from that bastard, I got these eyes that only good is scaring people off. Such a life." He sighed while moving his cap downward. "Thanks to these eyes of mine, nothing but trouble keeps appearing on my front door.

"When that b*tch left the house, she chose to bring my sister with her and left me in that accursed house because I got his eyes. No one befriend me in elementary school as my look scared them and there was a rumor that I was beaten up every day at home.

"When my adoptive dad found me, he was somewhat surprised, but seeing how I didn't throw him on the street and let him rest in my car, he realized I'm not a bad kid and offered me to stay with him. He is someone who doesn't mind my cursed eyes. He accepts me as I am.

"Unfortunately, not everyone is the same as him." He sighed.

"In middle school, it got much better, but not perfect. No one beat me up at home, but I often got involved in fights on the street. Some motherf*ckers would feel threatened when I looked them in the eyes and started asking for a fight. Thanks to that, I learn other uses of these eyes that I don't want to know.

"That's why, as I stepped my foot in this country of freedom, I saw this as an opportunity." He reached for the broken sunglasses and played with them. "I started hiding my eyes with these sunnies, and living freely in a persona; that is TM, a funny Australian rapper who is a player and also playful.

He chuckled. "Sounds pathetic, doesn't it? This is just what I am, an insecure fool who hid his weakness behind these pairs of film glasses."

Michelle bit his lips before opening his mouth. "TM, you-"

"What's wrong with that? I don't think that is something you should be ashamed of."

An easygoing voice came from an unexpected source. Looking to the side, they could see a Shiba inu leaning on a fence with hands resting behind his head.

"Kazuki? Wh-since when have you been there?" Arthur asked in surprise.

"Right after you came." He stood up from his spot and started stretching his body. "I came because there seems to be an interesting drama going on, but it suddenly escalated so quickly. Yare yare daze."

He shook his head leisurely like he was complaining about his favorite lunch in the cafeteria that was out of stock.

No. He would be more furious if that was the case. Arthur had useless thoughts.