Chapter 16: Hanging Out With Friends (unedited)

There was a small movie theater that ran in the commercial district of the town. They were only open from noon until nine in the evening. Since they only had one movie room, they could only show one movie per day.

The sun was just setting as a group of teenagers came out of the movie theater. They appeared with various expressions on their faces.

"That is... Wow..." Michelle shook his head, trying to wake himself from a trance. "Quite a controversial movie."

"*sob**sob* Uh... I really can't get over it." Said Arthur as he rubbed his eyes in tears. He took a handkerchief and blew his runny nose.

"Ew. Gross." Kazuki who stood right beside him took a step away while cringing.

"Well, be honest with ya mate, I also feel the same." TM pushed his new sunglasses and sighed. "Who would have thought that dogs would enslave all of us in the future?"

"Don't say something so offensive." The president looked at him disapproving.

"But it's true, mate." He continued. "Based on the plot, dogs were created through genetic modification of wolves. They were created to be less aggressive, making them more obedient. That was why they were a perfect tool for the war.

"The main antagonist is one of those dogs. He was used to being discriminated against by others in his school because of that. That was why, when he became a leader of the country, he started to reign in power with an iron fist. As a part of revenge for using them as a tool for the war, they started to discriminate against other races and rule in a dictatorship. That was how he created the setting of a dystopian by his dog supremacy policy.

"In a nutshell; bitten by ya own pet. That is the sum of the movie."

"He used to be such a good boy back then. And now..." Still sobbing, Arthur made a sound similar to a car alarm while covering his face.

"All the things in the movie just sound so stupid to me." The shepherd clicked his tongue. "Canis lupus is indeed the ancestor of Canis lupus familiaris, but no way in hell did they are artificially created for the purpose of war. Why would they create a weaker version of wolves to attack others? It doesn't make any sense. And why have we never heard something like that until now? None of our history books mention anything about it."

"Maybe the government just hid it from the rest of the world." The Siberian cat added. "Although they are less powerful compared to wolves, their intelligence is enchanted into different margins, making them one of the most intelligent species in the world. I mean, just look at you two." He pointed at the shepherd and the wolfdog. "Aren't you two categorized as top students in our school?"

"I'm not included, huh?" The Shiba inu muttered.

"It's still bullshit to me. But still..." She playfully touched her lips with her index finger and chuckled. "A world where dogs are in rule, huh? It doesn't sound so bad."

Listening to her laugh, TM shivered while moving away from her. "Shees, mate. Stop scaring the sh*t out of me like that."

It seemed that he had developed trauma against her.

"Still, he's not a bad canine. He's just lost his way. That's all." Arthur tried to defend the villain of the movie while still crying. "In the future, it will be revealed that he was being brainwashed by the ultimate villain, which appear before in the previous-"

"Hey, no spoiler!" Kazuki smacked his head.

"Well, enough about the movie, mate. It is time for me to show me greatness."

He ran forward and waved at them.

"Follow me, mate. I'll show ya how cool I am."

***