Chapter 21: The Sun and The Moon (unedited)

It was not something serious, but Kazuki noticed there was something weird about his friend this morning.

He has been very quiet today, which was a bit unusual since he's the type of person who is active in class. When called, he didn't respond until several times. He also stared blankly in the air quite often, like his consciousness wandered elsewhere. Lastly, his clumsiness soared as it was already the third time he bumped into someone's table.

Kazuki's doggy instinct told him that something must happen to his childhood friend. So, as a good friend who is always taking good care of him both physically and mentally, he dragged him into an empty classroom to have a chat.

Sitting facing each other, the shina inu folded his arms and started the interrogation.

"So, what happened?"

"W-What do you mean what happened?"

As the wolfdog answered, his pupils trembled slightly before it shifted away from his opponent. Seeing his poor acting, Kazuki sighed.

"You seriously think I won't notice anything when you act like that?"

"..."

Arthur knew that he was acting obvious, but he couldn't help it. The sight yesterday still lingering in his mind.

There was nothing wrong about two childhood friends keeping each other company with a warm atmosphere, but it still bothers him so much.

Every time he thinks about it, a discomfort feeling continues piercing in his chest. There was a strong sense of unwillingness that didn't make sense to him.

Canines did have a tendency to get jealous easily, but this one was too strong for trivial things like your friend having another friend.

Was he really jealous of them as a friend? Or perhaps...

"Seriously, what happened to you?" Kazuki asked his friend in worry. "We are friends, right? Can you tell me what troubles you?"

Arthur saw his friend looking at him in concern. Now that he thought about it, Kazuki was always with him all this time. Although he was kinda unreliable, often broke his promise, kinda sassy, and a glutton, sometimes, he could give valuable advice.

Maybe he could figure something out if he discusses it with him.

"...Actually, there is this thing that bothers me so much."

Locking his fingers together on the table, he started sharing his problem.

"You know that the president and Michelle are childhood friends, right?"

"No. This is the first time I heard it."

"Ah, right. I never told you. *cough**cough* Anyway, the point is, they used to be close to each other, but they separated because of some circumstances."

"I see. I never thought of that, but if I think more about it, it does kinda make sense. No wonder they seem familiar with each other before." The shiba inu nodded his head in understanding. "But what does that have to do with what we're talking about?"

"It does, you know. A lot." Arthur emphasized. "Both of them are my friends. I care so much about them. I don't want them to be guilty with each other again, so I helped them to reconnect again.

"I'm happy that they can talk with each other again now, but somehow, I started to feel uneasy."

"Wait, you mean..."

As Kazuki's ear started to flick, Arthur still continued,

"Since we are both canines, you must know how the emotion of jealousy easily affects us right? Honestly, it is pathetic, but I feel like that every time they interact."