Chapter 7: Winner winner chicken dinner

"So how long do you have left here, Jungkook?" Jimin's parents ask.

"A little over two weeks." Jungkook responds.

"Wow, not that much time left."

"Yeah." Jungkook nods, glancing over at Jimin. But Jimin doesn't meet his eyes. He just keeps pushing his food around like he's been doing the whole time.

"Do you think you and Jimin will keep in contact after you go?" Jimin's mother smiles happily. Just as Jungkook's about to respond, Jimin speaks up.

"Of course we won't. He's an idol. He has better thing to do that keep in touch with me." Jimin says. "I'm a busy person too, so it just wouldn't work out." He shrugs.

Jungkook frowns. Does he really think that? Jungkook thought they were truly starting to get along too...

"Why would you say that? I want to keep in contact with you." Jungkook admits. He realized after he woke up this morning that he kind of has feelings for Jimin. He doesn't know how or why it happened because he hasn't been here for that long, but he doesn't want to ever forget him. Hearing him say those things just makes Jungkook depressed.

"It's the truth. You're busy. I'm busy. At the end of this month when you go home I'm starting my new internship for school and won't have time to communicate with you." Jimin shrugs.

Jungkook furrows his brow. Is this because Jungkook told him he wanted to forget all about everything they did last night? Yeah, he realizes it was probably kind of fucked up to suggest that, but he didn't want things to be awkward between them.

"It seems like you two have a little problem here." Jungkook's father clears his throat awkwardly. "How about we leave you guys to talk it out?"

"Yeah, we need to talk." Jungkook agrees. Without resistance, their parents exit the house to go to the Park's place instead, leaving Jimin and Jungkook alone.

"There's nothing to talk about." Jimin crosses his arms, refusing to look at Jungkook. The latter stares at the older male.

"Is it because of what I said earlier?" Jungkook questions.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Jimin shrugs.

"Yeah you do. It's because of that, isn't it? I only said that so things wouldn't be weird between us. If you don't want to forget it, then don't." Jungkook shrugs. "It's not that big of a deal."

"Not that big of a deal?" Jimin scoffs.

"It's not like I want things to be this way. I don't want to forget it." Jungkook admits, a little heated at Jimin's attitude.

"The damage has already been done, Jungkook." Jimin stands. "I'm leaving."

"Wait." Jungkook grabs Jimin's wrist. "Stop trying to leave before we resolve anything."

"There's nothing to resolve."

"Yes there is." Jungkook groans in frustration. "No, you know what? I'm not even gonna get mad. Lets start over."

"What?" Jimin narrows his eyes in confusion.

"Lets start over. We met terribly and it's just made everything go to crap." Jungkook explains. "So can we try again?"

Jimin seems shocked. His eyes are wide and his mouth is slightly agape like he isn't sure what to say to that. "I-I mean... I guess so. Where is this coming from?"

Instead of responding, Jungkook holds his hand out. "Hi."

Jimin looks at it. "Jungkook...?"

Jungkook grabs Jimin's hand and shakes it. "I'm Jeon Jungkook. I'm a twenty one year old singer, and I'm staying with my parents right now while I'm on vacation."

Jimin stares for a moment before letting out a sigh, finally giving in. "Park Jimin, twenty three, I work at a grocery store and go to school."

"Nice to meet you, Park Jimin. I'd like to start off our friendship by saying that you're cute."

"Wh-what?" Jimin blushes, surprised.

"Anyway, moving on." Jungkook coughs awkwardly, changing the subject.

"I am so confused right now."

"Tomorrow we're gonna hang out as friends. Okay?" Jungkook it's his hands on Jimin's shoulders.

"As friends?" Jimin echoes. Jungkook nods. "I mean... I guess so."

"Okay, good. Be ready by eleven. I'll come over and pick you up, and we'll have brunch, got it?"

"Uh, yeah." Jimin nods. "Things are not going how I initially expected them to."

"What do you mean?"

"Well, I planned on pushing you away and never talking to you again after tonight, but things have done a complete 180." Jimin says.

"You can't get rid of me now, Jimin. It's too late for that."

"I realize that now." Jimin rolls his eyes. "You do realize that it will probably take a little bit for me to stop hating you completely, right?"

"Yeah, but I'm willing to wait. You're my first real friend so I want to make this last."

"Friend..." Jimin mumbles. Jungkook smiles again.

"Don't forget about tomorrow. Now go. Rest. Shower. Do whatever you need to do to get ready." Jungkook pushes the older male towards the front door.

"Hey, are you kicking me out?" Jimin frowns.

"Yeah. I have to shower and get my clothes ready and stuff."

"That sure hasn't changed. If we're really gonna hang out tomorrow, don't overdress again, okay? I won't get into the car with you if I see you wearing anything with sequins or fur."

"Alright, alright. I got it. Now go home and send my parents back over." Jungkook says. Jimin just nods and Jungkook watches as he cuts through the front yard to get to his own house again.

Once he's in the clear, Jungkook lets out a weird, excited noise. He's actually gonna be hanging out with Jimin tomorrow. Alone. Without anyone to bother them. As friends. Being friends is a really good start.

Besides, who know where this can take their relationship in the future? Jungkook is hopeful.