Chapter 13: Freaking finally you dumb idiot

Summary:

Jimin finally realizes that he's a fucking idiot. Took him long enough.

Jungkook sighs, leaning back in his seat. "So that was a complete bust." Jungkook says, glancing over at Tae.

"Yeah, well, he'll come around eventually." Tae shrugs. "He's just stupid."

It's been a few days since the incident, and Jungkook finally has another day off. He asked for Tae to come out to Seoul so he could talk to him, and he did.

"To be honest, I'm ready to give up." Jungkook admits.

"No, no, no. Don't do that." Tae shakes his head. "Don't give up, man."

"I don't think I can keep trying to convince him like this. It's like, physically exhausting. I don't know what else to do. I already told him I love him, so I don't get what else there is I can do at this point." Jungkook shrugs. Tae frowns.

"I get it, but I want you two to be together..."

"Maybe it's just not meant to be." Jungkook sighs. "Speaking of this whole thing, have you seen the articles?"

"Yeah. I guess everyone's kind of confused right now. On one hand you confessed that you're in love with another guy, but then you've dated a whole girl group in the span of a year... well, actually that kind of makes sense that you'd be gay. You can't keep a girlfriend for shit."

"Hey." Jungkook pushes Tae's shoulder lightly.

"It's a joke." Tae laughs, rolling his eyes. "Anyway, just take a break from Jimin. He's crazy and needs a lot of reassuring before going into a relationship."

"That's so dumb. I can't even explain how frustrated I am with him. Like I want him, but if he's gonna keep on acting this way, I'm gonna stop trying." Jungkook warns.

"I'll relay the message." Tae nods. "Hey, thanks for inviting me out here anyway."

"Yeah, of course. I think of you as one of my closest friends."

"Wow, you must not have many friends." Taehyung snorts.

Jungkook glares. "I have no problem with taking that back, alright?"

"I'm kidding, I'm kidding." Tae smiles. "But really, I should probably get going. I actually just got a job and I'll be late if I don't leave now." Tae glances at his phone.

"Okay, no problem. Thanks for coming." Jungkook stands at the same time Tae does, and walks him to the door.

"Bye, Jungkook. Don't worry about the whole situation. Everything will work itself out in the end."

"Yeah..." Jungkook watches as Tae leaves his apartment. He goes back inside, shutting the door behind him and sighing. He hopes Tae is right and that everything works itself out, because Jungkook is way too close to giving up.

He decides to send one last message to Jimin. Just for good measure or something along those lines.

[11:58AM]
To: Jimin

Hey, it's me again. I don't expect you to reply, but I just wanted to apologize. I get it if you don't want to be with me. I think I finally get the message now. So... bye. I won't bother you from now on.

He sighs again. This is probably the most painful thing he's had to do in his life. It sucks, but what more can he do?

-

Jimin grabs at his hair, annoyed and angry with himself. Why the fuck did he do that? It's so painful to think about what he did at that concert.

After a few days of denial, Jimin's actually finally realized he's a fucking idiot. He literally woke up this morning and thought about everything again and swears he's never cringed so hard in his life.

"I'm a fucking idiot." Jimin curses himself. Like seriously, what was he thinking? Jungkook wants to date him. Jeon Jungkook. That's like the top of the top. Jimin can't do any better than that. So what the hell is his problem?

Is he scared of Jungkook's fans? Fuck them, he'll date Jungkook if he wants to. Is it Jungkook's fame? Fuck that too. Jimin doesn't care if Jungkook's famous. He never cared before. Is it because he lives in Seoul? It's only four hours away and Jimin has his own car. It's really not that big of a deal. So why is he still nervous?

"I hate myself." Jimin laughs humorlessly. "Why am I so scared? He already confessed to me. There's nothing to it now, right?" He asks himself. Jimin lays back on his bed and sighs, rubbing his eyes. That's when he feels his phone vibrate.

He looks at the message, sitting up quickly.

[11:58AM]
From: Jungkook

Hey, it's me again. I don't expect you to reply, but I just wanted to apologize. I get it if you don't want to be with me. I think I finally get the message now. So... bye. I won't bother you from now on.

Fuck. Jimin thinks. He can't just let things end this way. He's surprised Jungkook even still feels the same after he ran away like that, but if there's even still a chance Jungkook wants him...

"That's it." Jimin says to himself. He takes a deep breath. Okay, he can't sit around like this anymore. He has to do something.

With a brand new resolve and absolute fear ready to consume his entire being, Jimin stands up and pulls his suitcase out of his closet. If he's gonna go through with what he has in mind, he might as well go all the way.