Chapter 55.

Dinner with Mark and the triplets went well. They seemed to like Brittany a lot, mostly Sonny because the two were alike in more ways than they know. The three also seemed to accept my relationship with another girl, and treated us like any normal couple. We were now laying in bed, in the dark, just about to get to sleep.

"The triplets are cool," Brittany yawned.

"They are,"

"I hope your siblings are as nice as them."

"Did you want to come meet them with me?" I turned my head so I was looking to Brittany. Even in the dark, her blue eyes shined.

"So you are going to meet them? But yes of course."

I shifted slightly so my head was now on her shoulder. "Yeah, I've been thinking about it all day. There's no harm in meeting them. They never did anything bad to me."

"Neither did your dad." Silence. The longest silence I think had ever occurred between the two of us. "What about him?"

"I..." Really what about him? He sent me letter and fifteen thousand dollars for crying out loud. The least he deserves is to meet his daughter. And I guess, I do need answers. My life has been based around a lie. I think it's about time for the truth. "I suppose, I want to meet him."

"Well, you need to write back." Brittany stated.

"First thing tomorrow."

The two of us fell asleep soon after, not even a goodnight or a kiss.

...

Thirty two pieces of scrunched up paper surrounded Brittany and I. We were sitting on the floor, myself holding a pen and her basically holding her head. I don't know how long we had been sitting here, at least three hours. Mom had gone off with Mark and the triplets so we were home alone.

"The first letter sounded good." Brittany moaned.

"Nope, I think this one. Read it out to me." I passed her over a sheet of paper and listened.

Dear Rob.
I would address with dad, or father but yet I'm not sure which either of them means considering I haven't grown up with anyone to call that. I thank you very much for the money, and I will let you know how I spend it.

I have so many questions, without answers about my life. Mom never answers me, and as you may know, Abuela and I are on no speaking terms. Mom put me into a mental health facility as well, and I hadn't known until now why she was so eager for me to go. Is it so I didn't make the same mistakes as she did? Or maybe it is because both of my parents did, and both of which I hope, have come out even better than they were before.