Chapter 26.

I threw the blankets off of me and climbed out of bed. I grabbed my school bag and threw my masterpiece into it. I packed some clothes for tomorrow and a few extras then slowly made my way to the front door without waking mom. The walk there was going to be absolutely freezing and long. But I didn't care, Brittany wanted to see me and that's all that matters.

I arrived outside Brittany's house. I was nervous and too scared to move any closer. What if that text wasn't supposed to go to me? And she had sent it to me accidently? Only one way I can find out... By going in. I walked around to the back of the house where the back door was, then pushed it open. I closed it behind me and walked down the hallway to the stairs. Her house was warm and smelt like freshly baked bread. I quietly walked upstairs in complete darkness then down the long hallway to Brittany's room. I pushed the door open, then closed it behind me. I placed my bag beside her desk and walked too her bed. I could hear nothing but moans. She was crying. I pulled the blankets up and climbed into her bed.

"Santana?" Brittany chocked. I smiled and moved closer, pulling her into my arms. Being this close to her once again was a amazing feeling.

"It's me Britt." I cooed. She sniffed and moved in closer, wrapping her arms around my waist. Her breathing evened out and she had stopped crying. "What's up?" I whispered.

"Santana, I am so sorry." She moaned.

"Don't be sorry Britt, I'm the one that is sorry."

"No, I'm sorry for not talking to you and avoiding you at school."

"You had every right to." I sighed.

"Seeing you cry, and having no one there to comfort you broke my heart Santana. I don't like it when you cry, especially when I'm the reason." I felt a tear fall from my eye as she spoke. "I only avoided you at school because I thought it's what you wanted. I thought maybe you told me the truth so I would leave you alone. But when I saw you crying, and when Quinn told me you weren't going to be at school for my birthday, I couldn't take it anymore. I missed you Santana, I really did." She hugged me tighter. "I pulled out of all our scenes together because I thought if you wanted to b friends with me, you'd talk to me and I didn't want to hurt you so I kept away. Until you sung that song, and looked at me. I felt every word you were singing and I realised I had made a huge mistake by leaving you."

"It's okay, I understand Britt. I missed you to, and it tore me apart when you wouldn't talk to me. I couldn't handle it without you Britt. You're my best friend."

"You're mine too Santana." I smiled and closed my eyes.

"Don't leave me again Brittany. I don't know if I could handle it again." I spoke.

"I'm not leaving you again Santana, I promise. And to promise, I got you something." Brittany let go of me and rolled over, then turned on her lamp. I sat up and watched as she opened the top drawer of her bed side cabinet and pulled out what looked like two pieces of material. She smiled and handed one over to me. I took the time to look at her face. Her eyes were puffy and red, she must've been crying for a while. "They're friendship bracelets." Brittany smiled.

"Thanks Britt." I smiled and tied mine around my wrist. She put her wrist out, so I tied her one around her wrist. I looked at the time 12;04 meaning it was Brittany's birthday. "Happy birthday!" I squealed and pulled her into a hug.

"I feel old. I'm 17 today." She cooed. Wait, what?

"I thought you were already 17?"

"No, I was 16. I'm 17 now." She laughed. Whoops, great friend I am.

"I have something for you." I climbed out of bed and walked over to my bag, then pulled out a nicely wrapped gift.

"Oh Santana, you shouldn't have." Brittany smiled as I handed the gift over to her, then sat back down on the bed.