Chapter 30 - Plight Of The Prince

The prince's damsel was in danger.

The distance between him and his cherished person grew unimaginably large.

He threw himself upon his beloved steed and rode forth.

Ever faster and faster to reach his beloved. The one he held close to his heart.

Then he saw the tower his princess was captured in.

It was incredibly tall.

It reached high into the sky, almost touching the gods' domain.

But that didn't matter.

No, he continued to fight.

Grabbing the walls of the tower, he started to climb.

But always fell down.

No matter what he did, no matter what position he assumed, it would ultimately result in failure.

He fell into deep despair.

But suddenly, a raven-black knight appeared on a steed as dark as the night sky itself.

The prince got scared. He thought he would be killed by the imposing figure.

But, the black knight did not.

No, he simply approached carefully.

Once he was near enough, the knight's voice echoed in all the surrounding fields.

"Set up a tent for the night."

---

Once the truth or dare game finished, we put away the bottle and started to get ready to head to the hot spring. The conversation shifted to more casual topics.

"How about you, Hiro? Anything going on lately?"

Well, casual topics for teenagers. Romance was still on everyone's mind. Izumi grinned as she squinted suspiciously at Takahiro and poked him with her elbow. Honestly, I was kind of interested as well. Everyone knew Takahiro as someone who could easily date any girl if he wanted to, a person who doesn't shrink back from social situations. How would he respond?

"Oh, here and there.."

Nakamura peered into Takahiro's face. "Come on, dude? Aren't you going to tell 'em about the thing with Misaki-chan from Nishi High?"

"Come on, man. Shuuji, are you really bringing that up?"

"What?! Tell us, tell us!!" Izumi squealed.

Takahiro sighed and gave in. "Well, actually.."

I thought we planned to go to the hot spring, but we'd suddenly started talking and now there was no end in sight.

According to Nakamura, Takahiro had been talking to another girl at a different school, and they were on the verge of dating.

"R-Really?" Izumi latched on excitedly to this news.

But something felt off while Takahiro was recounting his experience with that one girl. It seemed forced, like he didn't even want to date her.