Cross x Ink

Inks pov

Ive been waiting for this day for years. Ever since his picture got shoen to me on my eigth birthday and the words elegantly slid out of my fathers mouth

"Ink, you are betrothed to the Prince of Xtale"

He never even bothered to say his name.

Even though im a male myself, today has been exhasting with prep. Being woken up at 5am on the dot to get ready for the marriage. 

A corset keeps my chest and stomach in 'nicely' as they put it. I didn't even get to pick out my dress, like in the storybooks. This day has been nothing but an omen.

The vale gets thrown over my head as i watch the maids scurry around me, like bluebirds pecking at my feet. Its quite funny, if i do say so myself.

My mentor comes into the room, not caring about my state of undress. Im glad at least she could be here today. My parents? Dad has passed on and i have no clue on mum. Shes around the palace alot, screaming and drinking.

Im supposed to bring grace back into the family.  Not a big deal, no weight on my shoulders. 

She finally speaks to me, after drinking in my appearance.

"i have no idea why youre marrying a man or dressed like this. Its quite the inaccurate way to do things. But if it will strengthen bonds then so be it. Lets go" she flicks her gloved hand, beckoning me towards her.

Of course, like always, i follow her command as the ladies step backwards. We begin to march down the isle, as people stand up. All eyes are on me, making me very uncomfortable.  I cant even see my future husband.

The piano, yes piano, our Kingdom has its own traditions, blares through the room, as i try to match my steps to the notes.  Soft whispers rise from the stands, commenting on my gender and appearance.  Alot of it is wondering how a future child will be made.

I roll my eyes and step to the officiant, before filling my lungs full of air and turning to my groom.

My eyes light up like never had. Not in colours, but in a glow. A tall man stands before me, although i look past his appearance and look into the eyes, the windows of the soul.

He looks nervous, yet calm. Like hes been waiting his whole like too. He looks kind and caring, warmth behind his irises.

But i need to talk with him before i make up my mind.

Snapping back into reality when the officiant taps my shoulder
"Do you, Prince...ess? Ink take Prince Cross to be your husband?" he smiles. I only have one answer.

"Yes"

"And Prince Cross... Do you take..uhm. .. Princess Ink to be your Wife?" he asked, a bit confused. I am a male, i want to scream.

"Of course i do" he says in a smooth voice. It immediately melts my worries away. This could also claim him a good manipulator.

"then I name you... married" he smiled.  Not husband and wife or husband and husband? didnt this dude fact check beforehand?

The crowd cheers. This feels empty. Like an accomplishment i didn't earn.

Cross takes my hand and kisses it, looking into my eyes

"i know not who you are, but if you give me your life, I would like to get to know who Prince Ink is." he smiled. Clearly not rehearsed, as he has to stop and think for a few seconds.

I laugh slightly, covering my mouth like a Prince should.
"Sure :)"

Lets do it