Finale

"Hey! Heard what happened with Rev. What a shame!" Luca said as Deacon came in to the main hallway, back at HQ

He yawned, covering his mouth, then turned to his teammate. "Yeah, but he's ok for now."

"You still tired, huh?"

"Exhausted. Hopefully we take it easy today?"

"Nah, man. We don't do easy in this spot right here!" Luca said excited.

"Yeah" he said with a sigh

"Did you hear from Street?" Tan said approaching the guys from the ring, joining the conversation.

"No, his trial's today, right?" Deacon asked turning towards Luca

"Yeah, but I called him this morning. He said something about a huge outbreak of Monkey Pox and Covid down at the courthouse. Judge moved the hearing for when sis comes back." Luca announced

"What about blonde? Where's he gonna stay?" Hondo asked coming from Hicks's office to join the group

"Street was excited when Alex told him he convinced the judge to sign temporary housing placement with him. So, looks like Rubio's staying put. Yeah!" Luca said putting two fist in the air

"He better not mess it up!" Hondo threatened

"I wont!" Street said with a huge smile. Luca lunged into him excited about the good news.

The rest of the day went quite smooth, since it was a slow day at work. Only one call right after lunch, which was a custody dispute turned violent, in a local nursery. Luckily for them, the situation was resolved in a matter of minutes.

The rest of the week went quite normal, with the occasional calls and backup to certain situations. The only thing standing out was Street's rep, as the young officer was quick to become famous for saving Ed Sheeran's life. He did interviews, his social media accounts sky rocketed and by Wednesday, Hicks was fed up with calls inquiring about his young officer.

Thursday, early evening, near end of shift...

The guys had been doing paperwork most of the afternoon. They were tired and exhausted, especially after a boring slow day. Deacon and Luca had being with the recruits all morning, while Hondo had court date, Street completed workouts and physical therapy and Tan worked in the armory and with Black Betty.

It was close to the end of shift, the mood was silent and still as the men did paper work, worked the cabinets and completed documents in their laptops. Everyone was in their own little world thinking about after work: Deacon was taking the family to the in laws to say happy birthday to Annie's mother; Hondo was going for groceries to prepare a nice dinner for Nichelle; Street was picking Rubio up from Sarzo's place; Tan was heading home; and Luca was getting together with some friends for beer.

Just as the bell was about to ring, Hondo was called to Hick's office. The squad leader made his way there, while the rest continued their tasks. Hicks and Hondo talked for some minutes, before Hondo opened the door to exit the office. Both men were interrupted when the sound of whistles was heard coming from the main hallway.

PHHHHOWEEEET

"What's going on?" Hicks asked curious, rising from behind his desk

"No idea" Hondo answered with a shrug

CLAP CLAP

PHHHOWEET

All of a sudden the whistles intensified, as now clapping and cheering were added. A group of officers gathered by the hallway making it impossible for the two men coming out of the office to spot the cause of the commotion. Hondo and Hicks made their way down the hall, when they noticed that even in the boxing ring the action had stopped. Those in the small gym area had stopped and were now clapping and cheering as well.