Chapter Ten

Alessandro Maurizio

~•~

"What the fuck do you mean it was just laying around?" I demanded, scrunching up the piece of paper in my hand tightly.

Leo scratched the back of his neck nervously, taking a step back, clearly uncomfortable at the fact that he was standing so close to me while I was angry. He was pretty scary, the scar on his face making him even more so. I was wary of him sometimes, but at this moment, he had every reason to be scared.

"I found it on the ground." He explained again, the answer still not satisfying me. "I was doing my usual round around the house and I just saw an odd piece of paper that stood out among the flowers."

"You didn't see anyone around the area? Someone that could've caught your attention?" I questioned, feeling slightly frustrated.

"No, sir. I'm sorry." Damn right, he had to be sorry. He was the head of security, and it was his responsibility if someone could get through the gate unnoticed to drop off a threat.

"Get the fuck out." I seethed, coming to a conclusion that it was either the security was slacking or there was a rat. Who knew? One of the security men could even be the rat.

Leonardo nodded, apologizing once more before finally exiting my office. As soon as he left though, Patrizio came in. I sighed, dropping on my seat. I was exhausted. It seemed like I was doing all the work despite the number of men I had in this house. Maybe I needed to have a talk with them. Apart from the workload that came with being the don of the mafia, I still had a company to run. Besides, I needed a cover-up business if I didn't want to get suspected by the police, right?

I was pretty sure they already suspected me though, but they didn't have any evidence that could put any one of us in jail.

"I just saw Leo leaving and he was in a mood. What did you do?"

"The question is what did he not do."

Patrizio eyed me warily, sitting down opposite me. As the underboss, he was as busy as me, if not more. He took on the responsibility of making sure everything was perfect here whenever I was cooped up in the office or if I traveled without him. "What's up?"

I straightened the paper in my hand and placed it in front of him. He frowned, picking it up.

"Long time, old friend." He read out, making my jaw clench even more. "We'll meet again soon though. You owe us something and we have no choice but to take it. L." If possible, his frown deepened as he looked at me. "L?"

"Luciano, obviously." I bit out, watching as his eyes flashed at the name. There had been two other notes before this, but I didn't tell him about it. He hated the Luciano family more than I did.

"Haven't they taken enough? Because at this point, they're just asking for a war."

I laughed dryly. "They didn't need to." Did they seriously think they didn't have it coming already? After what they did years back? No fucking way. These little notes though were just stirring up shit faster than it needed to be.

"What are we going to do about them?"

The image that flashed before my eyes was disturbing. I wanted to maim the whole ass family and watch as I burnt down the house with all of them in it as they lay helpless. To carry that out though, I needed proper planning. I shook my head, ridding my mind of the Luciano family. "I need you to look into every man under security duty. Get Carlo and Adrian to help you."

Patrizio looked like he wanted to say more, but held back his words. "Noted. Anything else?"

I shook my head. "That should be all for now. I'll get back to you."