Hanz's Tower

[LANA'S POV]

I grasp the rail and pull myself up hesitantly. I managed to get up the first few fine but now i'm really out of breathe.

"I really need to work on my upper arm strength" I pant, talking to myself.
I look up to see there's only 6 more to go before I reach a window I can climb through. I repeat the words find the cure, go back home, find the cure, go back home over and over in my head to motivate me.

Think of all the lives I'd save! Blane's included! I could then give it to the scientists out there and they could create copies and give it out to everyone who needed it!
It felt good to think about that. I knew it wasn't just a hopeless dream. I knew that I'd make it a reality somehow.

After all that talking to myself, I realize I've climbed 5 rails. Okay, so one to go. I get a grip on it and jump with all my force. I look down. That was a huge mistake because I noticed I was now about 90m off ground level. I close my eyes and regain my balance, breathing out and hopping through the tiny window which led me inside.

Come on, Lana. You've gotten this far.
I seemed to be in a small, empty room. It was pitch black and I couldn't see a thing. I fiddle around, looking for my flashlight which would enable me to see what this place was. Just as something cold grasps my warm, living leg, I point the flashlight at it and kick it off in an instance.

It all happened so quickly I didn't even realise that I had kicked another girl. She was too weak to even express her pain when I kicked her. There was no ow or ahh that came from her. But she held her back, clearly showing she was hurt.

"Oh my gosh! I am so sorry! I thought you were an infected" I gently hold her head up, pouring the remaining water I carried into her dry, raspy throat, waiting for her to speak. As I held her head on my lap, I noticed she had a dog tag around her neck - the ones you see people wearing in them action movies. It had a name on it.

Amanda