Guests

Serenity was in between Fred and George getting settled ready to eat. "Now we're all settled in and sorted, I'd like to make an announcement. This castle will not only be your home this year but home to some very special guests as well. You see Hogwarts has been choosen..." Filch ran up to Dumbledore whispering about something which made everyone confused. Serenity looked at George and Fred which they shrugged then Filch ran back while Dumbledore continued to say, "So Hogwarts has been chosen to host a legendary event. The Tri-Wizard tournament. Now for those of you who do not know, the tri-wizard tournament brings together three schools for a series of magical contests. From each school a single contestant is selected to compete. Now let me be clear, if chosen you stand alone. And trust me when I say these contests are not for the faint hearted, but more of that later."

Everyone looked at each other muttering about this information but then Dumbledore said, "For now please join me in welcoming the lovely ladies of the Beauxbatons Academy of magic and their headmistress Madam Maxime." Then girls in blue uniforms started to perform and Serenity saw some of her friends. "I was gonna be in that school. But I decided not to since I wouldn't be with you guys." Everyone smiled at her as they cheered for the girls but some of them were a little too much which made the girls eyes roll. After Dumbledore kissed the headmistress hand he walked back up and said, "And now our friends from the north, please greet the proud sons of Durmstrang and the high master Igor Karkaroff."

They saw gentleman in uniforms and all the girls swooned at the sight of them. Well, except for Ginny, Hermione, and Serenity. As the boys did their performance they saw someone who they never imagine. "Blimey it's him, Viktor Krum!" Ron looked astonished and Serenity's heart was about to come out of her chest. He stood beside the boys when he caught the eye of his gŭlŭbche. Viktor smiled but then had to go sit so they could eat their dinner. They all ate but Serenity felt like she was being watched and so she looked behind her to see Krum staring at her. She blushed and went back to eating but then everything went dark Dumbledore spoke up,"Your attention please! I would like to say a few words. Eternal glory, that is what awaits the student who wins the tri-wizard tournament. But to do this that student must survive three tasks. Three extremely dangerous tasks."

Everyone muttered while the twins were thinking up a plan. "For this reason the ministry has seen fit to impose a new rule. To explain all this we have the head of the department of international magic cooperation Mister Bartimus Crouch." But then lightning struck everyone went under the tables for protection then it stopped. People looked in a direction and a man hugged Dumbledore then went back. He invited Mr. Crouch down and he spoke, "After much deliberation the ministry has concluded that for their own safety no student under the age of seventeen shall be allowed to put forth their name for the tri-wizard tournament. This decision is final." Serenity kinda of agreed but at the same time. A lot of Hogwarts students weren't about that age and so only a few will put their names down. Everyone complained about this but Dumbledore shut everyone up.

As Dumbledore said, "The goblet of fire. Anyone wishing to submit themselves for the tournament merely write their name upon a piece of parchment and throws it in the flame before this hour on Thursday night. Do not do so lightly, if chosen there's no turning back. As from this moment the tri-wizard tournament has begun." Everyone went to their common rooms or their guests rooms so that they can sleep for the next day.