The Locket

Lilith lay draped across the couch; her body nestled between Alpha's legs and over his chest. The bright sun hung in the cloudless Winter sky, the large windows of the sunroom offering an unobscured view of the clear day and towering mountains. One of his hands played with her hair, his other hand holding a small book. As she flipped through her own book, Alpha's hand brushed her neck, his long fingers running along the length of her collarbone to the dip between them. His touch was electric, a tingling trail following his movements. His fingers slipped beneath her white linen dress, caressing the soft skin of her breast.

"Alpha." She warned, looking up at him. He didn't meet her gaze, a lopsided smile on his lips. His fingers tucked under her bra, brushing her nipple. Lilith gasped softly, resting her head on his chest. "Alpha..." she repeated, her voice less stern. Before they had the opportunity to indulge any further in each other, Leviathan entered the room. He paused, seeing very clearly that he had walk in on something private. Lilith looked up at his green eyes from behind her long lashes, her irises red. However, she did not stop Alpha, her cheeks warming as Leviathan watched Alpha tease her before he cleared his throat.

"Sorry to interrupt, but you have a visitor, Asmodeus." Leviathan said, his tone terse. Alpha finally looked up from his book to the tall man beside him, a frown on his lips.

"Right, okay." Alpha nodded and sighed, sitting up and sitting Lilith up with him.

"Can I join you?" she asked him, taking his hand. Her touch warmed his blood, and he looked at her with wonder. Alpha smiled down at her, then kissed her forehead.

"Of course, my Love." He said and stood, Lilith following. Leviathan slipped his hands into his pockets, a smile on his face that fell short of his eyes. They walked through the castle to the massive entry way, Lilith's stomach dropping as her eyes met the gaze of their guest. His one green eye was just as she had remembered it and she watched as his eyes worked her over. She wore a long sleeve, full length white linen dress, a red sash tied around her waist. The neckline was a modest, loose square neckline, a small ruby necklace contrasting against her fair skin. She gripped Alpha's hand, moving close to his side.

"Hello Copia." Alpha said, squaring his shoulders to the man in red. He was so gentle with her that she often forgot how imposing he could be. His sheer size was comparable to that of Cain's. He held himself with authority and force. Leviathan on the other hand seemed more cunning and cool, his demeanor now unapproachable, his eyes harsh.

"Hello Asmodeus, Leviathan." Copia said with a quick smile. Pausing, he looked back to Lilith. "Queen Lilith." He said, his lips not twitching. Her stomach turned.

"Alright Copia, this way." Leviathan said and the men began to walk to the left wings of the castle, an area that she had not explored on her own. Alpha dragged her along, her reluctance clear. Leviathan led them into a large office. A heavy oak desk sat in front of a wall of windows. Before it was a couch and two chairs facing a long coffee table. Alpha released her hand and guided her to the couch, sitting beside her. She kept her eyes on Copia who now sat across from her, his face relatively emotionless. Leviathan sat in the chair next to Copia, resting his ankle on his knee.

"Are you here to discuss touring?" Alpha asked, draping his arms over the back of the couch.

"I actually asked Copia here." Leviathan said, Alpha and Lilith both looking at him in surprise. Why he would ever ask Copia to enter the same home as Lilith was beyond her, and she was insulted by it.

"Why?" Lilith blurted out. Copia shifted in his seat.

"Because I feel he owes Lilith his services." Leviathan replied coolly. Now Copia turned to the man beside him.