Throne

Lilith found herself on yet another restless wonder through the castle. It was disappointing how often Alpha was called away, either by the realms or by the Oracles. The only benefit of this time alone was being able to navigate the maze of the lower floor and greater familiarity with what it had to offer. Lilith only needed to occupy a short amount of time as today was her first lesson with Belial, who she had been told was an adept archer.

Rounding the last corner to the kitchen, she was halted by a figure dressed in black slacks, a black button-up shirt and black suspenders. His chrome mask may have hidden his face but his expressive eyes did not leave one to wonder what he was thinking. She saw how his pupils flared when their gaze met, how his back straightened, and he squared his shoulders to her. She swallowed hard, trying to remain calm and emotionless.

"Queen Lilith, how the Unholy have graced me with your presence." The man crooned and Lilith could see a flash of white teeth from behind his mask.

"You're too kind, Dew. I was just passing through." Lilith said with a small smile, stepping to the side. Dew mirrored her, stepping in her path.

"May I join you?" he asked. Lilith's lips turned down slightly, trying to think of how to dismiss him gently.

"While I would love the company, King Belial is waiting for me." Lilith replied with a soft, placating smile. That devious grin returned from below the edge of the cut-away mask.

"I beg of you, I would love to see you and Belial...work." He purred and Lilith's cheeks flushed. Dew stepped toward her, one deliberate step that tightened Lilith's chest. "For the Queen of lustful indulgences, you certainly are bashful." She narrowed her eyes at his comment.

"I suggest you mind yourself." Lilith hissed and Dews grin disappeared.

"Will you make me, Queen Lilith?" he asked, his voice rough. The heat in Lilith's cheeks spread to her ears and neck, her thin muslin top suddenly constricting. "Will you make me behave?" he continued, taking another step toward her. He was now within arms distance from her, the smell of her drifting to meet him. Her bright emerald eyes looking up at him. He was taken, a low smoldering in his abdomen that was impossible to ignore. It was marvelous, the thrill of her presence.

"If I have to." She said weakly, the words not completely conscious.

"Really? Maybe I will just have to misbehave." He concluded, slipping his hands into his pockets. It was all he could do to not reach out and grab her. Folding her arms across her chest, Lilith cocked a hip.

"Move Dew." She snipped and the man stepped aside, waving a hand to signify her safe passage. However, as she walked past, he turned and followed her. She stopped, looking up at him in clear annoyance. He looked back at her with his moss green eyes. They stared at each other for a moment, then Lilith turned and finished walking to the kitchen, weaving through the chaos to the exit at the other end. She ignored the steps behind her as she moved to the archery range that had been made along the side yard of the castle. Belial look her over with greed before his gaze was drawn to Dew. Belial's face became cold and brooding.

"Something happen Forneus?" Belial asked, clearly concerned by the man's presence.

"Not at all. I am just accompanying the Queen to her training." Dew replied, clasping his hands together behind his back. Belial looked from Dew to Lilith, then turned and walked to the beginning of the range. Lilith followed Belial, she new shadow a step behind. Belial turned again to Lilith, being cautious as to where his gaze fell.

"Make a bow, and we can start." Belial said, sliding his hands into his pockets. Lilith froze, her eyes widening. She hadn't made a weapon since her fight in the woods, which now felt like a lifetime ago.