Sacrifice

The winter had passed at the castle and Lilith was weary of the space around her. She was thankful for Samantha's presence now that she was a clergy member. Omega was also making more appearances which Sam and Lilith were both enjoying. Even with these familiar people around, the castle and its grounds were too large, and she was still finding new nooks and corners. Shortly after Valentine's Day, Lilith had asked Alpha for a larger room since she found she spent most of her time locked away and avoiding Lucifer. Lilith was currently pacing the drawing room attached to said larger bedroom, Alpha still changing into a brown twill suit.

"Alpha, you really don't have to go. I feel so bad dragging you to these things!" Lilith pleaded, though she knew it was falling on deaf ears, as it had been all week. Alpha emerged from the bedroom, adjusting his cufflinks. Lilith froze, admiring his radiance. The three-piece suit was tailored perfectly, beneath the vest was a simple white button up and a navy-blue tie. A pocket square was tucked into the suit jacket, and he had purposely worn the brown oxfords she had gotten him. His jaw was covered in a 5 o'clock shadow, his blond hair styled and swept back perfectly. Everything about him was flawless, the prime example of masculinity and power. Lilith drew in a tight breath, forcing her gaze to focus on his brilliant blue eyes.

"Lilith, I don't know how many times I have to tell you. I want to go. I want to see you with your family. I love seeing you outside of this place, in a comfortable environment. Yes, I don't want to go to a Catholic Easter service, but I will gladly suffer for you." He said as he closed the space between them. Cupping her cheek in his hand, he kissed her softly, lovingly. She would never have guessed this side of him existed in those first few months of knowing him.

"Alpha, I don't deserve you." She sighed, her lips turned down and her brow furrowed.

"When we get back, I'm going to fuck you until you know your value, Lilith." He growled against her lips. Lilith gasped, her eyes fluttering shut for a moment. There was that possessive, carnal man that took her virginity in the lounge of a theater.

"Let's go before we never leave this room." She whispered, her core already warm. Alpha grinned, then moved them to Leviathan's manor where Lilith's car still sat. She had used this manor as her reprieve from the castle, savoring the quiet and normality of it. They walked to Lilith's car, her father's old Mercedes. Alpha walked around the front and sat in the passenger seat, Lilith behind the wheel. Taking a deep breath, she started the car. Both were silent as they began to drive toward the church her family had been attending since she was a child. She appreciated the silence, her mind busy with preparing for Mass and for family. Even though they were 30 minutes early, the parking lot behind the church was already packed, people meandering along the sidewalks and paths.

Lilith found a parking spot toward the far end of the lot and stopped the car, taking another deep breath before turning the engine off.

"Are you going to be okay, my Love?" Alpha asked, placing his hand on her knee and squeezing it gently.

"Yeah, I just hate Easter mass. But the sooner it starts, the sooner it's over." She smiled, her gaze meeting his.

"We can always slip out and do the dirty somewhere." Alpha grinned and gave her a wink. Lilith rolled her eyes but couldn't help but chuckle at his light-hearted comment.

"Let's go." She said and exited the car. The pair walked to the front of the church, a large fire pit already lit near the two double doors that lead into the sanctuary. Lilith's family arrived a few minutes later, Lilith's mom greeting Alpha with an embrace. Xander gave Lilith a quick hug, patting her back firmly. Alpha actually spoke to her father today, the men entering the church together. Lilith watched him as he blessed himself and genuflected to the tabernacle. Something about it made her flush with guilt. As they sat in the pews, Lilith's mother leaned in.