Part 6

after walking for a while, the sun had begun to set. Abby stopped walking and sat by a tree, she was exhausted. 

"Parker, we have to take a break, this is so tiring, and he isn't bleeding that bad, he has time, he'll be alright," Abby insisted, Parker sighed and sat down as well, holding Chester close to him. He was way more worried than he thought he'd be. 

"come on Chester, hang in there, for me," Parker pleaded quietly, he continued insisting to himself that Chester would be fine. 

after a 15 minute break, the two got up again and started walking. as they walked, they tried to avoid making to much noise incase that thing was looking for them. 

Unfortunately, it was.

"shh, do you hear that?" Parker asked, stopping and looking around. Abby stopped too and nodded, she had also heard the breaking of branches. 

the two ran to a ditch and crouched low while looking for the where the thing was. Parker refused to put Chester down, stating that if they had to run, he was not leaving him behind. 

"Abby? Are you out here? help sis!" Cried a voice loudly that took Parker a second to recognize. Abby began crying. the creature was mimicking her brother's voice in an attempt to lure them out of hiding. 

"come on, we have to keep moving," Parker whispered to Abby. Abby nodded again and they crouched low as they ran through the ditch in a northern direction. 

their dread died down as the heard the voice and noises become more distant.

eventually, the pair came across a road.

"i know this road, we drove here to get to your house! going west, we should reach town in like, an hour walking," Parker exclaimed. 

the two began walking down the dimly lit road, being sure to stick to the shadows incase the creature was nearby. unfortunately, not a single car drove down the road.

Chester began to regain consciousness and slowly opened his eyes, groaning from the headache he had. 

"Chester?!" Parker questioned excitedly. he stopped walking and looked down at the strawberry blond boy in his arms. 

"P-Parker?" Chester muttered, his head pounding from the blood loss. 

"Chester! you're okay!" Parker cried in response as began to tear up. Abby looked at them and smiled, she was glad Chester was okay. 

"guess i should have put my seatbelt on," Chester weakly joked, Parker chuckled and hugged Chester gently, just happy he was okay. 

"i was so worried Chester, you have no idea," Parker said through tears. Chester hugged him back an noticed he was wearing a hoodie.

"i didn't put this on, wait, this is parker's" Chester thought, blushing lightly. 

"you can put me down now," Chester said meekly. Parker shook his head,

"nope, if you move to much, you could, umm, lose more blood! I'm not taking that chance, I'll carry you to town," Parker stated, using it as an excuse so he didn't have to put Chester down.  He continuing to walk. 

Chester blushed. Parker really cared about him, that was another reason Chester liked him so much.

"well, come on you two, we have a long way to go," Abby said, continuing to walk ahead of them. 

and with that, the trio began down the street again. 

-------------------------------------------------

sorry this one was so short!! and sorry it was so late! we just moved and are still unpacking and school is starting soon and there is way more on my plate than that! thanks for the support! love all of yall readers <3! 

(word count - 593)