Part 7

"what, no way, i would definitely pick flying over speed," Chester laughed.

the three adults had decided to play would you rather to pass the time as they walked to town. It had lasted about 20 minutes.

"okay, okay, how about this," Abby began. she was shortly cut off by the sound of cars down the road.

"Abby, Chester! the town! we can get you to a hospital!" Parker shouted happily. Chester smiled, he was happy to be okay, happy that Parker hadn't left him behind, happy he cared.

Parker and Abby began running, hopefully they'd find someone would would let them use their phone as no one had theirs, they were still in the totaled car.

Chester wrapped his arms around Parker's neck for better stability as Parker ran.

"Parker look, a gas station, lets ask them if we can use the phone!" Abby pointed out. The two ran to the 7-11 as fast as they could.

Abby opened the door and Parker ran in and to the counter.

"How can i help you?" The cashier asked, concerned and confused.

"We need you to call the cops, please, something attacked us down the road and totaled my car and my friend is hurt!" Parker practically yelled at the man.

He hurriedly grabbed the phone and dialed the cops.

They were there with an ambulance in under 10 minutes.

After Chester was put in the ambulance, a cop started talking to Parker and Abby.

"Can we ride with Chester?! I want to be sure he is okay!" Parker asked him.

"Well, only family and partners can ride with patients because of policy," the cop stated calmly

"Oh wel-" Abby began but was cut off by Parker

"Yeah, I'm his boyfriend!" Parker said quickly without thinking. He had to come up with an excuse, he wanted to be sure that Chester was okay. The cop nods and Abby smirks at Parker.

Parker sees her smirk and shoots her a glare. The cop showed Parker to the ambulance while Abby laughed.

Another cop walked over to Abby to ask about the reck and the attack

"Chester? Are you okay buddy?!" Parker questioned as he ran to Chester who was sitting on a table/bed(idk) in the ambulance talking to a nurse.

"Parker, i told you already dude, im okay, don't worry, they took a look and said I'd be alright," Chester explained, excluding the information that there was still glass in his back and that he might need stitches. He didn't want to worry Parker any more than he already was.

Parker sighed and hugged him gently. Chester hugged him back and the nurse cleared his throat.

Parker let go of Chester and stepped back with a nervous chuckle.

The nurse smiled and walked over to the back of the van, closing the door. There was a long beep and he walked back over to the front and patted the wall, inclining they were good to go.

"Please be seated sir," he said to Parker while taking a seat himself. Parker nodded and sat down by Chester.

"So, how bad is the car?" Chester asked Parker, shifting where he was sitting and wincing at the pain in his back.

"Oh, we are gonna need a new one, it is completely totaled, all the windows, the roof, the hood and engine, hell, we are lucky it didn't blow up on us!" Parker explained, occasionally laughing. Chester smiled, he loved Parker's laugh.

When Parker stopped laughing, he noticed Chester was staring at him and blushed with embarrassment and, maybe, something more?

Parker looked away from Chester and cleared his throat. Chester giggled at Parker's embarrassment.

"His giggle is so cute!?" Parker though, looking at Chester.

The rest of the ride was awkward silence, as Chester and Parker both glanced at each other every few minutes. The nurse couldn't help but laugh mentally at their bashfulness.

"We are here, Sir please stay seated while we get Chester here to the ER," the nurse exclaimed as the van came to a stop.

"Wait, the ER?!" Parker asked, confused "I thought you said you were alright!?"

"Well, I didn't want to worry you, but i might need stitches, and there may still be glass in my back," Chester sheepishly admitted. Parker quickly became angry that Chester hadn't told him but it washed into worry before he could say or do anything with said anger.

"Dude! You have to tell me these things!" Parker whined. Just as Chester was about to say something, the doctors came in and carted him off.

"Damn it damn it damn it," Parker worried as he got up and followed them. Unfortunately they made him sit in the waiting room. Moments later, Abby entered and ran over to him.

"What's up dude? Is he okay!" Abby questioned, sitting next to Parker.

"I don't know! He lied to me and told me he was fine but then told me he might have to get stitches and shit and now I'm not sure how okay he actually is!" Parker almost shouted at her as he stood up and began pacing around.

"Hey, calm down, im sure he will be alright, you saw what his back looked like when you gave him your hoodie, right? He will be okay!" Abby tried to comfort him. Parker took a deep breath and sat down next to her. Abby put a hand on Parker's shoulder and smiled softly. Parker smiled halfheartedly and looked down at a magazine he had picked up off the table beside him.

"Maybe this will help get my mind off it," Parker told himself, opening a magazine.

————————————
PART 7 DONNNE! Sorry for the long wait and short chapter again! School started and it has been uber stressful! Thanks for all the support everyone!!

(Word count - 966)