Volume 80: Blood and Swords

When she first saw the incredibly vast explosion, so close she could nearly touch it, Dee Eye Ell smiled, thinking that it was the result of her own strategic masterpiece. But shortly after, the smile vanished from her face as the torrid heat exploded out of the ravine and toward her four-wheeled carriage. The searing wind brought with it the dying screams of all the nonhumans and the dark mages she worked so hard to raise into a proud combat force.

 The searing wind brought with it the dying screams of all the nonhumans and the dark mages she worked so hard to raise into a proud combat force

Messenger: Due to a drought of the spatial dark power of unknown origin, our wide range incineration projectiles failed to activate. Immediately afterward, a large-scale attack by the enemy destroyed 90% of the demi-Human unit, 70% of the ogre archer unit, and over 30% of the dark mage unit.

The messenger rasped with shock.

Dee: What do you mean, a drought of unknown origin? That ridiculously massive formal art is what absorbed every drop of spatial dark power in the ravine! But that's impossible. An art of that scale, not even I... So who was responsible?!

Dee raged, her screams were left unanswered.

Alice descended to the ground, Eugeo was waiting below for her since he would always worry about her. No matter what, he realized long ago, that she would always be Alice it didn't matter if it was the Integrity Knight Alice or Alice Zuberg. The second Amayori landed on the ground, Alice fell off the dragon and Eugeo quickly caught her before she collided with the ground.

Eugeo: That was great, Alice.

He whispered softly, he knew that must've taken a lot of concentration.

Alice's eyelids rose, giving her a glimpse of the burning red floor of the ravine and the figures of enemy soldiers fleeing in an uncontrolled panic. She couldn't see any bodies, even. EIther the initial burst of light had evaporated them instantly, or the explosion had scattered them to pieces.

Alice then turned to the blonde childhood friend that had been holding her, a smile crept onto her face, even after what she had done. Eugeo's smile was bright, warm and allowed light even in the darkest of times. For the last 6 months, Alice realized it bit by bit but she slowly fell for the blonde boy and Yami. But knowing she wasn't the Alice he fell for made her bury the feelings; she didn't have a chance.

She remembered what Yami spoke to her when she had the Right Eye Seal.

Yami(flashback): that's right, the means is to protect the people, backing up your comrades and your will to fight back. The higher nobles don't have that they only see the lower nobles and commoners as meat shields. The law made them weak and made them like punks.

She sees lower nobles, commoners even a few high class nobles were working with each other to stop the invasion and they do have the Spirit of a Knight. She blushes that she fell in love with Yami and Eugeo and she was shocked that Eugeo was bisexual. She confused but understood on the situation.