Hesitations & Pride (p x l)

Listen to It'll All Work Out by Phoebe Bridgers for feels

Buksan mo muna Spotify mo ang kulit mo naman

Since I always fumble whatever she does for me, I honestly don't want to hurt Pia in any way, nor do I want her to keep trying to build me up.

I've come to realise that we must first heal ourselves in order to love one another.

She assured me she would wait for me.

I swore I would wait for her as well.

But who am I for her to adore me? When she needed me, I wasn't around, when it mattered most I let her down.

On this day 11 years ago, I was confident that I wanted to be with her when we first met.

We took the decision to part ways two years ago. After a two-year absence, I'll be seeing her again.

You might be wondering what I am feeling at this time.

I'm anxious, excited, and enthusiastic.

I genuinely missed her.

However, I believe that I do not have the right to miss her.

When a hand unexpectedly touched my shoulder, I was frozen in place, gazing at the sea.

"Loren."

It was her.

"Hi, Pia." I chuckled a little bit.

"Sus, nahihiya ka pa."

"How are you?"

Pia cried on my shoulder while refusing to respond to my question.

"I'm sorry."

"Nako, it's okay. You don't deserve a person like me. You deserve better, Pilar."

"I'm sorry hindi kita hinintay."

"Don't be sorry, please. I'm okay."

"Thank you for coming, kahit mahirap."

"Pia, you deserve every happiness in this world. You don't deserve someone like me. But no matter what, I'll always be there for you."

For the past two years, I've considered phoning or texting her, but my pride and hesitations have kept me from doing so.

She was only waiting for my call, I discovered. Funny how things work in the universe.

For the last time, Pia placed her head on my shoulder.

It would have been our wedding day today in Las Vegas, making today potentially the best day of my life. But as I stand there, contemplating all the what-ifs, I see the lady I love getting married to someone else.

In the end, timing and fate are not the result of pure coincidence. They are the results of sincere, straightforward decisions that create spectacular moments. Timing is determined by one's ability to act decisively and without second thought. I ought to have had more guts. It wasn't fate's fault, really. It wasn't timing; rather, it was all the times I hesitated.

A/N: Hehe