need you now

!! Listen to Need You Now by Lady A for feels :)

LOREN

Despite the fact that we broke up months ago, the grief is still present because she has already found a new lover. Risa has everything—she is young, pretty, and intelligent—so I understand why she and Pia are already together. Unlike me, she is not chaotic. Someone like her is what Pia deserves.

Grace asked me out of the blue how my heart was doing and if I had already moved on from Pia.

"I am not okay, Grace. Ba't di ko siya malimot? Tangina for sure buradong burado na ako sa isip no'n."

"Hay nako, teh. So ano na next step mo?"

"I'm planning to move out like for good, Nans."

"Huh? Pinag-isipan mo na ba yan?"

"Matagal na. Pero parang may humihila saakin pabalik sakanya, I don't know normal ba 'to? I still love her."

"I'm planning to sell the farm, the house, the condo, everything."

"Jusko, Regina. As in new life? Pati ako kakalimutan mo? Huwag mo naman bitawan lahat, si Pia lang ang kailangan mong bitawan. Huwag mo bitawan lahat ng nasayo."

"What if she's everything to me, Grace?"

"Loren, mag tira ka naman para sa sarili mo. You don't have to please everyone to the point na ubos na ubos ka na."

"I really miss her. I can still clearly recall our first kiss, our first anniversary, and our first vacations together."

"Okay lang yan, am sure makaka move-on ka rin." Nancy said

"Hay nako Nancy, salamat sa advice. Sige uuwi na ako okay, I need to rest."

"Wait hatid ka na namin sa car mo."

"Wag okay lang, sige bye girlies. See you when you see me."

"Loren don't do anything tonight ah! Call us if you need us."

"Yes, thanks."

I went to my car and started the radio. The song, to my surprise, was "Need you Now."

Picture perfect memories
Scattered all around the floor
Reaching for the phone cause
I can't fight it anymore
And I wonder if I ever cross your mind
For me it happens all the time
It's a quarter after one
I'm all alone and I need you now
Said I wouldn't call, but I lost all control
And I need you now
And I don't know how I can do without
I just need you now

While the music was playing, I couldn't stop thinking about her.

I rolled over on the couch when I at last got home. Funny because I became used to napping on Pia's lap. I feel so fucking homesick right now, but who am I to feel this way? It feels like I couldn't sleep without lying on her lap, I couldn't sleep without her stroking my hair, and I couldn't rest without her hugging me so tightly. I'm not allowed to feel this way because we're not together anymore.

I didn't realise I had already fallen asleep on the couch, and my god, I felt so alone. Pia used to be by my side when I first woke up. Even though our breakup happened months ago, it seems like only yesterday. Before getting out of bed, I've gotten used to giving her a hug and kissing her cheek. To be honest, it's difficult for me to modify my entire routine now that I don't have her.

I wonder whether she ever thinks about me.

To Pia,
You are always on my mind.