are you okay?

Listen to Sa'yo by Munimuni for feels :)
https://open.spotify.com/track/19qvp23a0iXjzS72nqOi8u?si=20e5uB-WRX2h7ksWe744-Q&context=spotify%3Aalbum%3A0wlV4A2q8N2ubZJpJeqDTi

"Ang buhay mo'y parang kandila na
Pumapawi sa kadiliman ng gabing puno
ng dalita at lagim
Bawat segundo ay natutunaw
Tumutulo parang luha
Humuhugis na parang puting paruparo
Kailan kaya mahahalata ang pighati sayong mga tawa?"

Loren is by herself in her office listening to music to distract herself from her thoughts, but instead of doing so, she found herself thinking more deeply about the song she was listening to as it exactly reflected her present situation.

The intense stress Loren experiences as a result of the environment at work has left her exhausted over the past few weeks. Although she keeps a smile, inside she is essentially breaking down. She is skilled at concealing her feelings because she doesn't want others to see how vulnerable she is, but it is clear by the look in her eyes that she is worn out from all the harshness in this damn world.

Grace is throwing a party for her birthday, only the female senators who are close to Grace, including Loren, are invited to her birthday party.

To speak with Loren, Pia went to her office.

In a hushed voice, Loren murmured, "Come in."

Loren smiled as Pia sat down on the sofa.

"May kailangan ka, dear?"

"Ako ata, mukhang kailangan mo ko. Ang tamlay mo sa session kanina, and you've been distant to everyone lately.

"I'm just busy."

"Reg, look at your eyes. Halatang halata you're not okay."

"No, Pia. I'm okay, I guess I'm just a little bit tired."

"A little bit tired? Don't downplay it, Loren, please."

"Pia, diba may party si Grace? Late kana oh."

"Don't change the topic. Hindi ako pupunta, eh hindi ka naman pupunta so what's the point? Mag-isa ka nanaman dito. I'd rather stay with you."

After heaving a deep sigh, Loren rested her head on her desk.

"Lorna Regina, bakit ka diyan sumasandal sa mesa andito naman ako ah. Ano ako hangin?"

Pia spoke, but Loren didn't hear her since she was crying. Since she has to appear joyful and vulnerability is not in her vocabulary, she has been holding her emotions inside for weeks and can no longer just hide them.

"Hay nako, mahal." Pia said as she approached Loren, who was sobbing in silence.

It hurts Pia to see Loren in this situation; it breaks her into a million pieces.

"Doon tayo sa sofa, love? Halika huwag na tayo umattend ng party ako na bahala magpaalam. Maiintindihan naman ni Grace." Pia said

Pia gave Loren a long forehead kiss as she got up from her swivel chair. As they sat on the couch, Pia continued to stroke Loren's back.

"My love, being weak doesn't make you any less human, okay? Literally, it's okay not to be okay."

Pia stood up and opened her arms "Warm hugs, love?"

After standing, Loren snuggled into Pia's chest.

Pia gave Loren a tight embrace while dancing with her.

"Loren, know that I will be by your side through good times and bad. I'll never go anywhere."

"Thank you, Pia. I love you." Loren said while looking at Pia

"Ikaw ang pahinga ko, Pia."

"At ikaw rin ang aking pahinga at tahanan, Loren. I love you so much."

Pia crouched down and kissed Loren on the lips.

Instantaneously, Loren's worries and fears vanished. She is truly her rest in this chaotic world—one hug from her is all it takes to wash away her sorrows.

In each other's arms, they find solace.

A/N: hope L's okay :(