A bright place (p x l)

Listen to "Touch"  by Sleeping At last while reading this :)

Pia's POV

Ilang araw na hindi umuuwi si Loren sa condo, and she knows na hindi ako mapakali tuwing ginagawa niya 'to.

She does this every time she has a problem, cutting herself off from everyone—including me.

Loren, you know, was the only person I had when things were at the worst.

Finally, the woman I was expecting knocked on my door.

Since I've been homesick for days, giving her a firm hug made me feel like I was returning home.

"Love, you scared me."

"I'm sorry, Pia."

"What's happening to you, love? You know I am here always."

"You don't get it, Pia. Magulo akong tao, and ayoko naman na hilahin pa kita papunta sa madilim na lugar na kinaroroonan ko."

"Loren, I don't care. Wala akong pake sa sarili ko. Ang unfair na ako tinulungan mo tapos ngayon na ikaw nangangailangan ng tulong hindi mo tinatanggap."

"Hindi mo ako maiintindihan Pia, people don't like messy."

Loren started sobbing and eventually had to sit down on the ground because she was having trouble breathing.

"I simply don't want to damage my relationships with the people I care about. To them and to you, I don't want to be a burden.

"Love, you will never be a burden to me."

"I want you to leave Pia."

"Love bakit?"

"I don't want to hurt you."

"Pero-"

"I said leave!"

"Leave me alone, Pia."

"No, hindi kita iiwan."

"Just leave for Christ's sake!"

I left Loren, despite the fact that I didn't want to.

I am distressed to see Loren in this state but I can't do anything.

You see, Loren is afraid to be vulnerable around anyone, especially around me. She aspires to save everyone at all times.

After a few of weeks had passed, I came back to our condo with Loren's favourite foods.

"Sana hindi kita iniwan, sana hindi ako lumabas, love. I should have trusted my gut and stayed with you. Kung nag stay ako, andito ka pa sana pinaghahatian natin 'tong mga favourite foods mo. In another life, ikaw parin ang mamahalin ko."

And just like that, I lost my home. I'll be homesick for the rest of my life.

I'll always yearn for your tender hands, smile, eyes, lips, and presence.

But since it will always be you, I'll find you in another life.

I learned to wander from her. She showed me that even the most desolate locations can be beautiful if you take the time to look; you don't need to scale a mountain to feel on top of the world. And getting lost is acceptable as long as you can find your way back.

However, in the process of understanding all of that, I failed to see Loren, who was more significant. I failed to notice her pain. I failed to notice that she had been guiding my forward motion all along. Being a dreamer, Loren. While she was awake, she dreamed. She created all of the beauty in the world from her dreams.

Loren showed me that beauty can be found in the most unlikely places and that there are good things to look forward to even in difficult circumstances. And if there isn't, you can be that shining spot with limitless capabilities. During my darkest moments, Loren herself was my shining light.

I will always love her.

A/N: wala lang, ginawa ko 'to habang nasa simbahan ako