valentine's

LOREN's POV

As I look through my phone, all I can see are romantic, corny texts and pictures of couples wishing each other a happy Valentine's Day.

Since my original date did not ask me out, I have made the decision to text Nancy and Grace to go on a date with me. I think that she may have forgotten about me because she keeps moving around and playing and doing other things. She might have forgotten Valentine's Day.

"Let's have a date later @6pm, dito sa farm. Sagot ko na lahat." I texted them

They sadly responded that they can't come because they have a date already.

Fresh from my farm, I sent Pia a pechay bouquet, but she didn't even text me to let me know whether she received it or not.

I must admit nakakatampo na siya ha. So I think mag isa ako ngayong Valentine's.

My phone rang and it was Pia.

"Hi Love!! I'm so sorry I can't make it tonight. I have a lot of things to do, but we can date virtually if you want."

"Pia, hindi okay lang. Matutulog nalang ako."

"I'm really sorry love."

"It's okay. Happy Valentine's Day."

"Loren, sorr-"

I ended the call and decided to go to sleep.

I woke up from a knock.

I opened the door and said "Ano ba yan natutulog yung tao katok ng katok may doorbell nam-"

"Happy Valentine's Day to my one and only bruha."

It was Pia. She was wearing a white long sleeve and a black skinny jeans holding a bouquet of flowers.

"Hello, ang pogi mo naman." I said

"Will you be my Valentine, madam?" Pia asked

Without hesitation I said Yes.

"Akala mo wala akong pasabog ngayon, jusko Loren di ko papalagpasin tong Valentine's na 'to. Now mag bihis ka na may pupuntahan tayo."

"Thank you sa flowers." I said

"Anything for you my love."

"Pero parang may kulang eh." I said

"Ano?"

"Wala ba akong kiss diyan?" I said

"Sus yun lang naman pala eh."

Pia went closer and kissed me, and she hugged me afterwards.

"I love you, Loren."

"I love you so much, Pia."

Pia and I went to our favourite place. Kami lang yung tao kaya maganda, makikita mo rin yung buong city, at syempre yung sunset yung pinaka inaabangan ko.

As the sun dipped below the horizon, the sky turned pink. I suddenly realized how fortunate I am to have Pia as my home.