ϾHΛPТΞЯ 1

𝔫𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔥 𝔇𝔢𝔫𝔳𝔢𝔯 1978

𝔫𝔬𝔯𝔱𝔥 𝔇𝔢𝔫𝔳𝔢𝔯 1978

"Come on Lulu. You don't even know anything about sports!"

"Stop your complaining! We're here for Finney." Lucinda gives a quick glare to her friend.

"But-"

"Shut up he's about to pitch," She pauses as she turns to the field and cups her hands around her mouth, "You got this Finney!" She yells as the crowd chants more words of encouragement for the curly-haired boy on the field.

Silence overtook the crowd as he pitched the ball. The balls glided through the air straight to the catcher's mitt. Bruce swung at the ball but missed it.

"Strike one!" The umpire sang as the crowd cheered.

"Good Finney!" Gwen, Finney's younger sister, called out

"Let's go, Finney!" Lucinda clapped as the crowd settled down.

Lucinda sat on the edge of her seat as Finney raised his leg and pulled his arms back before pulling his arm back forward and letting go of the baseball. The ball sliced through the air as Bruse missed the ball by a centimeter while the ball landed on the mitt of the catcher.

"Strike two!" the umpire called as the crowd cheered again.

"You got this Finn!" Robin said standing up with his hands cupped around his mouth. Lucinda shot Robin a look as he sat down, "What? I thought you wanted me to support him?"

"I didn't say anything." She smiled turning back to the game

"No, but you thought it."

There was no silence this time as Finney pitched. The ball went through the air aiming straight for the mitt before it collided with the wood of the bat and the baseball went flying.

"Aww!" Lucinda groaned as she watched the ball fall over the fence and out of the field. Bruce ran his home run taking in his victory.

"Well, did you have fun?" Robin asked the dark-haired girl

"Yea, I just wish you didn't hog all the popcorn I brought."

"If I wasn't supposed to eat it why was it there?"

"Well, you weren't supposed to eat all of it." Lucinda flipped him off in a playful manner as they walked away from the field.

༒༒༒

"Menu m-e-m men y-o-u you menu." The cartoon woodpecker on the television screen demanded as Robin laughed

"I can't believe you prefer this over The Pink Panther." I sighed as Robin laughed at another joke on the T.V

"The Pink Panther is boring. They don't even talk in it!"

"Yeah but it's still funny."

"You only think that because you have horrible taste." Robin then laughed as the girl stuck her tongue out at the boy.

"What's that?" Lucinda asked pointing out the window

"I'm not falling for that."

"No seriously it's like a tiny rocket," Robin turned back to see the rocket with a parachute coming out to the top.

"Oh yeah, Finney does that after games sometimes." Robin shrugged turning back to his cartoon.

Lucinda looked out the window but was no longer looking at the descending rocket, her attention was caught by balloons floating through the air. Now it wasn't unusual to see a kid lose their ballon every once in a while, but it was unusual that these were a bundle of balloons tied together. Not only that, they were black balloons.

"Lulu?"

She turned around at the sound of her nickname.

"You okay?" He wore a concerned expression as she glanced back at the window.

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Good because if my novia went crazy I don't think this could work." He joked

"Shut up! And stop calling me your novia. "

"I'm sorry. Would you prefer Chula, Mi amor, mi corazón?"

"I would prefer if you stopped being un pendejo." Lucinda laughed as she playfully smacked his arm before they both turned to watch the cartoon ahead of them. Unaware of the horror taking place at the same time.