Chapter 15

Darry told me that my injuries were almost as bad as Johnny's when he got jumped by the Socs. I shrugged it off though.

I woke up like any other day, in my closet. I changed and walked down the stairs. I rubbed my ribs as I walked. I saw Buck down stairs trying to wake up some random greaser who passed out on the floor.

"Hey, Little Hood!" He called.

"Hey," I responded tiredly and grabbed a bottle from the shelf. I held the bottle on my back, the cold felt good.

"I gotta call this morin'," Buck continued.

"Yeh, from who? Your one-night-stand?" I joked. Buck laughed.

"Nah, said her name was Dr. Laura," He said, ''I froze. I completely forgot about going to her. She is, was, my therapist. "She said you hadn't showed up in a few days,"

"Ugh, yeahhh, I didn't feel like it," I stated, shrugging.

"Well, maybe you should tell her that," Buck suggested. Something clicked in my brain.

"I didn't feel like it," I said again, slowly. Buck looked at me.

"You said that already..." He seemed confused. 

"I didn't feel like it," I whispered. He didn't say anything. I smiled so wide. "I DIDN'T FEEL LIKE IT!" I yelled. And held my side in pain. I put the bottle down on the bar.

"Uh yeh-" I cut Buck off.

"I gotta go!" I yelled as I ran out, "Also try using the ice water!" That's how I would wake hungover people all the time.

I ran down the street, across the road, through the park, and stopped in front of Dr. Laura's office. I burst through the front door. The receptionist jumped.

"Oh, Good morning Y/n, do you have an appointment?" She looked at her schedule.

"Hi Charlotte," I breeze right past her. She says nothing, just chuckles and mumbles 'kids' under her breath. "I heard that!" I playfully yell back. I get to Dr. Laura's door and I bang on it. I hear small moments behind the door. I heard the door unlatch and I threw it open. I walk into the room and close the door. Dr. Laura looks surprised.

"Y/n...you're here..." She said, shocked.

"Sorry I didn't come," She looked shocked at my apology. "But, I didn't feel like coming," I smiled happily, her expression went to her normal calm. She walked over to her chair and sat down, I plopped down on the couch.

"Just because we think we don't feel like doing something doesn't-," I cut her off

"No, no, no, I mean I didn't feel like it! I'm cured!" I cheered.

"Oh, what changed?"

"Well, It started when I was late for my bus...

I tug my jean jacket up, it was a few sizes too big, I flip up the collar and swing my backpack over my shoulder and check my stolen watch.

I am late for my bus!!...