41| Dementors

''𝙃𝙚𝙧𝙚. 𝙏𝙝𝙞𝙨'𝙡𝙡 𝙝𝙚𝙡𝙥.''

𝗦𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝗿 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗼𝗹𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗟𝗲𝗮𝗸𝘆 𝗖𝗮𝘂𝗹𝗱𝗿𝗼𝗻, 𝗜 𝘄𝗮𝘁𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝘀 𝗥𝗼𝗻 𝗿𝗮𝗻 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗮 𝗿𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝗻 𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘀

𝗦𝗶𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗮𝘁 𝗼𝗻𝗲 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗯𝗮𝗿 𝘀𝘁𝗼𝗼𝗹𝘀 𝗶𝗻 𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗟𝗲𝗮𝗸𝘆 𝗖𝗮𝘂𝗹𝗱𝗿𝗼𝗻, 𝗜 𝘄𝗮𝘁𝗰𝗵𝗲𝗱 𝗮𝘀 𝗥𝗼𝗻 𝗿𝗮𝗻 𝗶𝗻 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗮 𝗿𝗮𝘁 𝗶𝗻 𝗵𝗶𝘀 𝗵𝗮𝗻𝗱𝘀. He looked frightened, as he jumped into a chair and screamed while he searched the ground. I was confused to say the least, as I hopped from my stool to walk towards the boy.

''What the hell are you doing, Ron?'' I asked, raising a brow at the boy. 

''The cat! The cat came after Scabbers!'' He shouted, shifting his weight from one leg to the other as he jumped around. 

''Calm down, ginger. It's just a cat.'' I tried to calm him down, but that seemed to only make him more worried then before. 

"'Just a cat? Just a cat?! He almost ate Scabbers! Then what will I do?'' He freaked out even more with each word. ''There it is!'' He pointed down to the ground, where Crookshanks was sat. Crookshanks was sitting with his tail wrapped around his legs and watching Scabbers. 

''Oh him? That's Crookshanks, Hermione's cat.'' I informed him. Just at that moment, Hermione came rushing down the stairs and stared at Crookshanks. 

''There you are. I thought I had lost you.'' Hermione cooed, picking up the cat and cradling it close to her. Ron had stepped off the chair and stood in-front of Hermione, Scabbers still clutched between his hands. 

''I'm warning you, Hermione! Keep that bloody beast of yours away from Scabbers or I'll turn it into a tea cozy.'' He threatened. It was a little odd to see Ron try and threaten Hermione over a rat. 

''He's a cat, Ronald! What do you expect? It's in his nature.'' Crookshanks hisses at Scabbers, trying to wiggle his way out of Hermione's grip. Maybe I was the only one that had noticed, but Harry was walking down the stairs just behind Hermione. 

''A cat! Is that what they told you? Looks more like a pig with hair, if you ask me.'' 

''Thankfully, no one did, Ron.'' I muttered. 

''That's rich coming from the owner of that smelly old shoe brush.'' Hermione retorted back. ''It's alright, Crookshanks. You just ignore the mean little boy. . .'' She then cooed. The tension was thick, so I decided to break it. 

''Harry!'' I spoke happily, turning to the space behind Hermione. 

''Harry!'' Ron followed, looking in the same direction. 

Hermione turned around, a smile on her face. ''Harry.''

Soon enough, we all sat down at the table. Harry was sitting next to Ron with Hermione sitting across from the ginger. I was sitting next to Hermione. Ron pulled out a newspaper from who knows where, before setting it on the table to look at the front page.