127| Battle of Hogwarts PT.1

''𝘿𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙢𝙚, 𝙥𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙨𝙚.''

𝗪𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘀𝘂𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗼𝘄, 𝗜 𝗼𝗽𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗱 𝗺𝘆 𝗲𝘆𝗲𝘀

𝗪𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗮𝘆𝘀 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗺𝗼𝗿𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝘀𝘂𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝘄𝗶𝗻𝗱𝗼𝘄, 𝗜 𝗼𝗽𝗲𝗻𝗲𝗱 𝗺𝘆 𝗲𝘆𝗲𝘀. I was also greeted with a new sight. Instead if seeing the usual stone walls with the cracks against the corners of the room, I was greeted with bookshelves. 

There wasn't a space that didn't have a book and they all seemed to be color coordinated. Letting out a content breath from the new waking environment, I brought the blanket closer to my chin. 

Wait, blanket? 

Down in the dungeon, nobody had brought me a blanket. Except for the hoodie that I wore the whole time. The blanket was quite thin, smooth and cold. But also comforting. The floors had been styled nicely, marbled white with intricate black swirls decorating it. It looked beautiful with the rays of the sun shining down on it. 

I shifted in my spot on the - rather comfortable - mattress. Only now had I also taken notice of the arm that slinked around my waist, tightening it's hold when I had shifted. With slightly furrowed brows, I looked down at the arm under the blanket. 

The rings had quickly told me who the arm belonged to. The silver ring with the Slytherin emblem engraved in the middle, tiny gemstones embedded around it. The other ring was the one he took from me back in first year. The familiar black ring with white diamonds encrusted around it. 

I'm surprised he had kept it for that long. With a light-hearted smile, I started to play with the rings on his fingers. I wrapped my fingers lightly around my ring, about to slip it off his finger before a deep chuckle sounded behind me. He moved his fingers to wrap around mine, before kissing the back of my neck. 

''Not trying to steal my ring, are you, love?'' 

''Pretty sure that's my ring you're stealing from me.'' I corrected lightly. 

Draco rubbed his thumb against the back of my hand. It seemed like a calm morning. I haven't heard anything of Bellatrix or Voldemort. Lucius hadn't walked in and demanded anything. I'm not even sure if Narcissa had walked in. 

Then yesterday came back and hit me with Draco's next words. 

''How are you feeling?'' I sucked in a slow breath, the sight of Barty coming back to mind. The green flashing of the light that led to the thump that sounded against the floor. Bellatrix's sick smirk when she grabbed Barty and brought him here. 

I stammered a few words, remembering the empty look in Barty's eyes. Draco took notice, lifting his head from the pillow behind me. He looked over my shoulder, worry settling into his expression. 

''Hey,'' Draco softly called, leaning over me and rubbing his thumb across my cheek. The tears that slowly ran down my face were now gone. ''I'm sorry for everything.''