24| Herbology Professor

''𝙏𝙝𝙚 𝙤𝙣𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙤𝙣𝙡𝙮.''

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗸𝗶𝗱𝘀 𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗻𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗛𝗼𝗴𝘄𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗶𝗿 𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝘀𝗲𝗺𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝘀 𝗙𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀

𝗧𝗵𝗲 𝗸𝗶𝗱𝘀 𝗿𝗲𝘁𝘂𝗿𝗻𝗲𝗱 𝘁𝗼 𝗛𝗼𝗴𝘄𝗮𝗿𝘁𝘀 𝗳𝗼𝗿 𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗶𝗿 𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘁 𝘀𝗲𝗺𝗲𝘀𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗮𝘀 𝗙𝗶𝗿𝘀𝘁 𝗬𝗲𝗮𝗿𝘀. And not even a few weeks into the semester, I'm being called to Hogwarts by McGonagall. An owl flew through the window of my house that morning while I was reading The Daily Prophet, dropping a letter on top of the paragraph I had been reading. 

She didn't really address much in the letter, only saying that she would like to see me at the castle later. I started to think about what she was inviting me over to the castle for. Maybe Teddy got in trouble? No, he doesn't do that very often. Maybe Teddy got injured? I highly doubt that, too. 

As usual, Theo had begged to join me on the trip. I told him no and to just watch over the house while I was gone. But he kept nagging me about it, saying how he wanted to visit Hogwarts again. I declined each time, telling him to keep watch of the house. And that if anyone tries to break in, he has a wand he can use to fend em off. 

I left and heard a sigh from Theo, along with a few cranky grumbles. Ever since brunch at Malfoy Manor, I hadn't heard anything from Draco. Usually, I would be getting letters a few times a day, or at least a visit. But I haven't seen any of those. It's been rather quiet, even with Theo snoring all the time when he naps on the couch. 

I got as close as I could to Hogwarts before I had to walk the rest of the way. Just makes sure that no rogue Death Eaters can infiltrate the castle under undetected. When I got to the grounds, I was welcomed by the sight of the Whomping Willow, which was shaking loose leaves from it's branches. It reminded me of the time when Harry and Ron told us they got stuck in the tree. 

Ron was terrified of it after that. And more so when he got dragged by Sirius into the tree, which led out to the Shrieking Shack. 

Students were walking the halls, books in their hands. The school uniforms hadn't changed, leaving them just like how they were years ago. The halls cleared out pretty quickly, leaving me in the deserted corridor with my thoughts and happy memories. The smells from the Kitchen, oh ever familiar. 

The ghosts had passed by, giving me friendly looks along the way. Well, at least from most of them. Peeves stopped by, too, saying that he couldn't stay long. Apparently, he had a new target this year. I would be surprised if he didn't. 

Running my fingertips along the stone walls, I walked further down the corridor in the direction of the Headmistress' Office. The paintings greeted me with simple gestures, whether that was waving or tipping an invisible hat. The animal paintings would make a few small noises before going back to what they were doing. 

I wasn't surprised to find myself going the opposite direction of the Headmistress' Office. McGonagall could wait a few more minutes... right? Instead, I found myself out near the Greenhouses. I titled my head with a satisfied smile before starting my trails towards the most familiar one.