26| The Market

''𝙄 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙘𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙛𝙤𝙤𝙙, 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙮𝙤𝙪 𝙙𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙝𝙚𝙧𝙚?''

⭒☆━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━☆⭒

𝗚𝗲𝗼𝗿𝗴𝗲 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗜 𝘀𝗽𝗲𝗻𝘁 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗿𝗲𝘀𝘁 𝗼𝗳 𝘁𝗵𝗲 𝗱𝗮𝘆 𝘄𝗶𝘁𝗵 𝗦𝗲𝗮𝗺𝘂𝘀 𝗮𝗻𝗱 𝗗𝗲𝗮𝗻. They were basking in their successful life when we had arrived. Apparently, Seamus won the lottery and was able to make their dream home as a prize. Well, got enough money to do so, at least. And I've gotta say, I am jealous. 

They gave us a tour, seemingly the house was bigger on the inside. I could barely remember where the bathroom was. I tried finding it a few times, but all the doors ended up leading to bedrooms or a random closet.

And alas, we couldn't stay long. 

After a day of homemade lemonade and swimming in the lake with the three of them, I headed back home, picking up Theo along the way. Before leaving, I had asked Blaise about Draco and how he's been doing. Still, we haven't spoken. I grew worried for him, as much as I tried not too.

Blaise told me that he's been doing just fine. Though, he didn't have an excuse for why Draco hasn't spoken to me. I didn't stick much to the subject, feeling Theo basically fall asleep against my shoulder. I bid Blaise a goodnight and took Theo back home, placing him on the couch with a blanket draped over his sleeping figure.

I fell asleep soon after, feeling drained from swimming in the lake earlier that day. 

The next morning, I was making breakfast and opened the fridge to noticed that I was running low on, well, just about everything. I closed the fridge with a sigh, settling a plate of eggs and bacon in front of Theo. 

He was still on the couch, his head against the armrest and arms wrapped around himself. A groan came from him, I watched as he curled into himself more. Crouching down in front of him, I placed a hand on his shoulder.

''Come on, Theo. You've got to eat.'' He groaned again, barely looking up at me. ''It'll help you feel better, I promise.'' 

Getting up from my crouching position, I watched as Theo tiredly reached out for his plate. I walked back towards the kitchen, starting to eat my own food. Sitting on the counter, a flyer for a local Farmer's Market had made an appearance. I hummed, thinking it over before looking back over to Theo. 

His plate was half empty, he was back to his original position. Curled up in a ball. I didn't know what had happened between last night and this morning, but he didn't look so good. Leaving Theo on the couch, I went upstairs to take a quick shower. 

After the shower, I got dressed and did other things before heading back downstairs. Theo hadn't moved from the couch. He looked more asleep, his breathing steady and his eyelids fluttered closed. Carefully, I moved to crouch in front of the couch.

I decided to write a short note for when Theo woke up, setting it on the table for him to read. With one look back at Theo, I walked out and locked the door behind me.

I Apparated just a few blocks from the house, ending up in a tall bunch of bushes off to the side of the road. I tried to seem inconspicuous, stepping out of the bushes like I hadn't just teleported there. Thankfully, nobody had been paying attention. That's what usually happened. That's why no Muggle has discovered the secret wall on the platform yet. 

Brushing off leftover twigs and leaves from my clothes, I made myself presentable and walked with the rest of the crowd. It was a small clearing, basically a concrete square.