thirteen

THIRTEEN - BRING HIM HOME

"COME ON, COME ON YOU SON OF A BITCH." Jonathan Byers grumbled, his eyes darting around the room as he tried his best to collect himself. Himself, Cassie and Nancy were each frantically eyeing the room around them as the array of Christmas lights blinked ominously.

Cassie's grip on her bat became so tight that more blood began to seep through the bandage on her hand, the pressure becoming too great. She sucked in a deep breath, her jaw clenched as she stood her ground beside Nancy.

"Do you see it?"

"No, it's not here." Cassie grumbled. "Not yet."

"Come on. Where are you? Come on!" Jonathan shouted towards the room. The lights snapped off, a low growl plaguing the teens' ears. Oh shit.

The monster appeared before them, only seen by the pale moonlight. It stretched out its grotesque body, appearing right behind the Byers.

"Jonathan!" Nancy yelped, causing the boy to whirl around, his bat dropping to the ground. It placed it's hand on the boy's chest, pushing him to the ground before it's face opened up, letting out a menacing gargle.

"Fuck! Fuck! Holy Fuck!" The Cohen girl screamed quickly, Nancy had began shooting right at it.

"Go to hell you son of a bitch!" The Wheeler ordered, firing her third shot. Cassandra tried to brace herself, entirely overwhelmed by the sight of the beast. She tightened her grip even further, watching as the beast began to stand, Nancy had angered it.

Cassie hit the monster with a large swing of her bat, making it swivel to face her with an audible cry. It's gaping mouth began to open once again, she swung once more, hitting it's chest.

The beast lunged forward, Nancy shot four more bullets, attempting to get it's attention away from her friend. This in itself allowed barely enough time for Jonathan to shuffle from his place on the ground.

Cassie's eyes widened, hitting the creature once again, except this time, Nancy had run out of bullets.

"Oh shit." The girl sighed, beginning to back away with her weapon held high. It was definitely angry now, and heading right for them. They ducked as it swiped out a limb towards them, narrowly avoiding impact when another figure burst into the room, it was Steve.

Steve Harrington had gone back on his decision, darting into the house upon hearing their screams. He picked up Jonathan's discarded bat, wildly bashing the monster.

"Steve?" Nancy shouted, in both confusion and concern, but the boy continued to hit the beast, narrowly missing it's retaliation.

Cassandra saw an opportunity, choosing to run forward once again, hitting the creature around the other side in an attempt to disorientate it. And for a moment, the plan seemed to work, and instead of lunging at Steve, it aimed for her.