seven

SEVEN - SECRETS AND SOUR TASTES

SILENCE. PURE SILENCE engulfed the room as Steve Harrington awkwardly, but angrily trudged from his former best friend's yard. Noah Bedford's anger was boiling, watching the boy leave as his tongue ran over his teeth bitterly.

"Hey" Cassie began gently. "why don't we just go to bed?"

He shook his head, growing more annoyed. "What was that?" He asked sharply.

Cassie only sighed. "I have no-"

"No idea? Bullshit." He cut off, his tone harsh. "Why was he here? It's three in the goddamn morning why the hell would Steve Harrington come to see you?"

"I don't know." Cassie bit her tongue, her shoulders shrugged.

"You two seem pretty comfortable." He ignored, Cassie sighed.

"I don't want to fight with you."

"Then answer me! Why was he here?" He bellowed. "Cassandra I heard you two, don't lie to me."

She visibly flinched at the volume, secretly thankful her mother was an incredibly heavy sleeper. His eyes moved to meet hers accusingly. "I'm not lying." She defined, brows raised. "I don't know why he came. He was talking about Nancy. Why is it so hard for you to believe me?"

Noah merely scoffed, it was evident he'd only heard half of the conversation prior. "Seriously?" He shook his head pausing before he turned, heading straight for her bedside table.

"What the hell are you doing?" Cassie asked, her question ignored. "Hey!"

"You want me to trust you?" The blonde boy asked, brows furrowed as he held up the collection of polaroids in his hands, some of which were of Steve. "You keep these, you lie to me, and now he shows up at your house in the middle of the night?"

Cassandra's jaw tightened, her voice sarcastic. "You went through my drawer. Of course."

"Answer the question Cassandra." Noah urged, allowing all of the photos to fall carelessly to the floor. His eyes shot accusations, inching closer to her. "What? Are you sleeping with him?"

How dare he, she thought, reaching up her hand as she slapped him harshly across the cheek. "You're fucking unbelievable." She scoffed, eyes narrowed.

"That wasn't a no." He seethed, ignoring the tears burning to be shed. "You're such a fucking liar."

"How could you even ask me that?!" Cassie retaliated, barely holding her emotion together. She had never seen this side of him, and she hoped she wouldn't again. "A cheater? Is that what you think of me?"

"I don't know what to think, Cassandra!" The boy shouted. "I don't even know how long you've been lying to me, and now you're running around with that asshole again? I don't even know who you are anymore."