Chapter 19

We all went to one of those restaurant karaoke places. We all had our private room where we could eat and drink.

Rangiku, who was already drinking too much had a crazy idea.

"Psst. Byakuya." She leaned over to Byakuya and whisered something.

Byakuya shook his head. "No."

"Aww, but it would make her love you!" She whined.

Byakuya looked at me, I was going through the music sheet.

Toshiro crossed his arms. "So, we're just going to forget about that girl? And why do we have to sing?!"

"Chill, we're here to have fun. Sure, we got attacked. It's prom, we're supposed to have fun." Ikkaku told Toshiro.

I pointed at a song for Ichigo. "This one Ichigo."

Ichigo looked at the song. "What? That requires two people to sing. Two guys."

Byakuya took the microphone and handed the other to Ichigo.

"You serious?!" Ichigo said, as he had a sweatdrop.

"Oooh! I will put on the music! Let's see...." She started pressing the numbers in.

A beat started.

Everyone stayed quiet and watch.

(Listen to Words to Me by Sugar Ray)
"Get up, get up, get up. Yeah. Get up, get up, get up" The karaoke started.

Ichigo started. "She sings these words to me. She sings these words to me."

"I look at you and try to do," Byakuya sang.

"The best I can. But sometimes it ain't that easy." Ichigo and Byakuya sang.

Ichigo then started. 'If not today', she said, 'Then tell me,"

"When.' I think I tried to say I'm sorry." The two sang.

"Then she said these words of reverence. 'Please don't leave me hanging on and on.' " Byakuya sang as he glanced at me.

"I see the light in your window. Look at the sky and we can go away." The two sang.

Toshiro watched and sighed. "I swear we're all slowly getting out of character." He mumbled.

"Get up, get up,get up, and I'm gonna pick you up and take you where I wanna. Get up, get up, get up, and I'm gonna pick you up and take you where I wanna." The karaoke sang.

"La la la la la la. She sings these words to me. She sings these words to me." Ichigo and Byakuya continued to sing.

"Baby." The karaoke added.

Ichigo was enjoying this. "The summer's sun is warm and,"

"You are everywhere. But sometimes it ain't that easy." Byakuya joined Ichigo.

Byakuya smiled. "I count the days till I see you again. You know,"

"I tried and I am sorry." Ichigo this time joined.

"One night can make a difference. Please don't leave me hanging on and on." Ichigo followed.

Byakuya would glance at me once in a while. "I see the light in your window. Looks at the sky and we can go." Ichigo and Byakuya sang.

"Away." The karaoke added.

Aizen and Hisana were with us too. The two had a smile on their faces.

"Get up, get up, get up, and I'm gonna pick you up and take you where I wanna. Get up, get up, get up, and I'm gonna pick you up and take you where I wanna." The Karaoke sang.

"La la la la la la. She sings these words to me. She sings these words to me." The two sang.

"Baby." The karaoke added.

"And I don't mind waiting. When she sings these words to me." Byakuya looked at me with a gentle smile, ashe sang this part.

The two joined again together. "I see the light in your window. Look at the sky and we can go. Look at the sky and we can go."

"Away." The karaoke added.

Aizen looked at me. "You seem happy."

I looked at him and nod my head. "I've never heard Byakuya sing before. His voice isn't bad. Although him singing is sort of out of character."

But, I still smiled.

Byakuya was enjoying himself with no worries. He was happy.

Orihime on the other hand. Her eyes were sparkling with joy.

"Whoo!" Rangiku yelled.

She gave and poured everyone a cup of strong sake.

The song ended and we all cheered.

Byakuya sat next to me and smiled.

"Well, we're going to be graduating soon even though we shouldn't be in high school. But, to a good life with friends!" Rangiku yelled.

We all raised our cups and cheered.
"To good life with friends!"

Everyone drank the sake and started laughing.

Rangiku forced Orihime to sing with her.

I never thought everyone would be enjoying themselves so much.

"Blossom." Byakuya looked at me.

I looked at him. "Yes?"

He looked away and he was...

Blushing?

"What were you going to tell me at the prom? You what?" He didn't look at me.

I thought about what I was going to say. But, I couldn't remember.

"I... I forgot." I told him.

Byakuya sighed and his blush was gone. "Did you like the song?"

I nod my head and smiled. "Yeah! You have such a wonderful voice."

"Glad you like it." He said.

He wrapped and arm around my waist. Then, he pulled me close to him.

I looked at Aizen. He and Hisana seemed to talk a lot.

Although everyone is having fun. I felt like my story was coming to an end.