Chapter 33

Byakuya had laid me down to bed. He wiped the tears that kept shedding.

Rukia looked at Byakuya with a sad look.

"Big brother... I..." She tried to say something, but couldn't think of anything to say.

"Were you able to say goodbye to her?" Byakuya asked, not looking at Rukia.

She nods her head. "I... forgave her."

He looked at Rukia and motioned for Rukia to come over.

She walked towards him, only for Byakuya to hug her tightly.

"I know you wish to cry. Just like her." He told Rukia.

Rukia looked at me and saw that even if I wasn't awake. I still cried.

This made her burst into tears.

Byakuya rubbed her back. "Everything will be okay. Remember that."

Ichigo was sitting down in the living room, Orihime still tending to his wounds.

"Grimmjow... He just shattered the two souls... I wasn't able to protect her..." Ichigo said.

Orihime shook her head. "She's fine. She's alright Ichigo. You didn't let her get taken away. You-"

"It's not what I meant! I fell on the ground like some zombie and watched her cry again. I watched as she couldn't bear losing Aizen again!" Ichigo yelled.

She looked at him. "Ichigo... I understand. Remember when everything was back to normal? We all tried to hide the fact she destroyed the Soul Society. She was depressed... She didn't eat for weeks... I understand that this time is different. I'm sure, we can make her smile again. Rukia too."

Ichigo looked at Orihime too. "Hisana too... Rukia..."

Yumichika was with Ikkaku and Rangiku. The three were in Ikkaku's room.

"I can't really tell what's going on. I mean. That Arrancar is back. To have the ability to reanimate a deceased Soul Reaper for as ling as he wants." Ikkaku said.

Rangiku sat in a thinking position. "To destroy them when he wants as well. Byakuya is hiding something. Didn't Byakuya fought Grimmjow in the Soul Society?"

Yumichika nods his head. "That's true."

"Then in that case, you three should go bother Byakuya." Someone said.

The three saw Toshiro coming into the room.

"Mmmm, I would. But lately, he's been a cranky donkey." Rangiku mumbled.

Yumichika and Ikkaku both looked at each other. "You go. Rock,paper scissors for it!" The two both said in unison.

Byakuya walked out of our room and sighed.

"Ah, Byakuya. There you are." Yumichika said.

Byakuya turned to see Yumichika holding Chii's body.

"Why do you still have her?" Byakuya asked.

Yumichika looked at Chii. "She's just a doll now. Nothing wrong with that. She was a very kind friend to me."

Byakuya looked away and sighed again. "What do you want?"

"Well, I have feeling that something horrible happened between you and that Arrancar." Yumichika said.

This caused Byakuya to glare at him.

Yumichika quickly smiled a terrified smile. "Come on. I'm all ears."

"Ugh..." Ryo fell on the ground.

Grimmjow started to kick him repeatedly. "You stupid...! I almost had her!"

Sakura looked away and hugged herself.

Ryo glared at him. "I was trying to gain Byakuya's trust! Talk him out of helping her!"

Grimmjow stared at him. "Really? You expect me to believe something like that?! And you!"

He blasted a cero at Sakura.

Sakura was able to dodge it. "Wha... I saved you!"

He appeared in front of Sakura and choked her. "You had the guts to stab her right in the chest?! What if that chick who heals didn't show up in time?! She would have died!"

"I had to send them off... I saw what the future held. I told Melody to stop summoning more hollows." Someone said.

Two girls appeared. One was the girl who sang to bring out hollows. While the other was just wearing a heavy cloak.

"My sister is so annoying. She didn't let me have fun. You're a brat Serenity!" Melody yelled.

Serenity closed her eyes, as if ignoring Melody.

Grimmjow crossed his arms and glared at Ryo.

Sakura held her neck and started to cough.