Chapter 21

Uryu had his ears pressed against Chii's door. He was eavesdropping on her.

He moved back and walked away.

"Uryu." I said his name.

I had left Byakuya in his room to sleep.

"Blossom?" He looked at me.

I looked down and he just looked at me, deep in thought.

We were both at the garden behind the mansion.

"Your cousin's mansion is very lovely. I always wanted to live in one. But, I don't think living in a huge mansion would be good for him." I said, as I touched a rose.

"By him, you mean Byakuya right?" Uryu asked.

I nod my head. "After all, he had his own estate at the Soul Society. I always thought that living in a mansion would be the same thing. That it would remind him of such horrid memories."

Byakuya slowly sat up and looked around.

"Where...?" He got up and looked out the window. He spotted me and Uryu.

"Don't say that. I'm sure Byakuya would be happy to be living with you no matter what home you have. Maybe, you two might get married." Uryu laughed.

"M- Married? Wha?" I looked at Uryu shocked.

Uryu kneeled down on one knee and held my hand.

"Imagine him, as me. You would go crazy over that." He said.

Byakuya's eyes widened upon seeing the scene and left the room.

Uryu got up and pats my head. "You worry too much. So, I heard yelling in your room. I guess Akiko decided to strip you both."

"So, Akiko stripped us? What kind of prank is that?!" I pout.

Uryu laughed. "Rangiku and the others didn't want any hard time. So, they allowed Akiko to give you and Byakuya a hard time instead."

"I guess, I worried over nothing. Huh? Where's Aizen and Hisana? I haven't seen them at all." I said.

"Huh? Oh yeah. Mayuri called me. He said he was able to open the senkaimon. He entered, but the air in that world was no longer pure. Since Aizen and Hisana were no longer alive, technically. They can go in without being affected by the poison." Uryu replied.

I looked down "He left witjout a goodbye. .."

Uryu poked my cheek. "They'll be back. I'm sure of that."

"You're right." I said.

Once night set, everyone was in the dining room. Eating and laughing.

I was sitting next to Byakuya, who seemed quiet.

"Blossom! Try the green tea ice cream !" Orihime said.

She had a spoonful of ice cream and shoved it in my mouth.

I swallowed the ice cream and held my head.

"Oh, sorry. Brain freeze! Me too!" Orihime shoved a spoonful in her mouth and held her head.

Ichigo did a facepalm and looked at Byakuya. He was jut staring at his food.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Ichigo asked.

Byakuya looked at Ichigo who was seating next to him.

"It's... Does Blossom like Uryu?" Byakuya suddenly asked.

Uryu who was seating across from them spits out his tea .

"No. She doesn't ." Uryu said.

Byakuya glared at him. "Then why did you propose to her?"

Everyone who was laughing stopped and looked at Uryu.

"Wha?! Uryu, you should be ashamed of yourself! She's Byakuya's girl!" Rangiku said.

She already sounded drunk.

Uryu quickly stood up and shook his head. "It's not like that!"

I laughed and held Byakuya's hand. "He was pretending to be you."

He looked at me. "Pretending...?"

I nod my head and smiled.

Byakuya suddenly grabbed me and hugged me. "From now on, Blossom is my girlfriend. If any of you were to touch her or do anything to her, I will kill you without hesitation."

Everyone laughed and clapped.

" Finally!" Renji yelled.

"I'm happy for you, big brother." Rukia said.

I couldn't say any objection to this.