Chapter 3

Byakuya took me home and laid me down on my bed.

"Blossom, I promise to put you out of harms way. I will do everything it takes to protect you." Byakuya whispered as he held my hand.

Byakuya leaned in close, his face was close to mine.

~

"So, what are you suggesting?" Byakuya asked.

I hugged myself. "I only wish to be friends with you. Nothing more..."

~

Byakuya stopped and moved his face away.

I slowly opened my eyes and found myself back in the house.

"Byakuya? Why are we here? We were at school... And after that... There were three people... Yui, Hakure and... Damn! I hate senior year..." I mumbled.

Byakuya didn't say a word. He just stared at me.

"Blossom, can I tell you a story?" Byakuya suddenly asked.

"Huh? Mm... Unexpected, but okay." I answered.

Byakuya looked away and started talking.

(Listen to Will of the Heart from the Bleach Ost)

"Three years ago, an accident happened. There was this girl, I saw her cry as her friend died. I felt sympathy. I wanted to make everything right for her. But, I couldn't because my business in her world was done. Not long did I meet her again. I watched over her, I tried to make her happy. To make ammends. I couldn't tell her that I was the cause of her friends death. But, she was in love with another. Another man who she would do anything for. I felt jealous that I made sure she would never fall for him. I couldn't even do that. She was kidnapped and the man who she loved tried to take her away. I tried to stop her, but she went with him. She deeply loved that man. I wondered, how could she love a man who would kill her? I had her in my arms, but she left. Then, a miracle happened. She was given a chance to change her fate. She prevented her friends death. So she would never meet me. But, in the end I still met her. I fell more in love with her... In the end, she still fell for that same man. She sacrificed herself for that man. They both died together..." Byakuya told me.

I was confused at his story. I wanted to understand it. But, no names were given. Just him, a woman he loved and the man she loved.

But, why...?

I touched my face and realized I was crying.

"Byakuya... Why...?" I paused and looked at him.

Only to find him lookng at me with a painful sad look in his eyes. He was shedding tears.

I wanted to say something, but all I could do was hug him.

He wrapped his arms around me and hugged me.

"If only you could remember..." He whispered.

Remember...? What must I remember..?

Yui and Hakure were outside my house. They were listening to our conversation.

"I thought they would have had a chance." Yui pouts at Hakure.

Hakure sighed. "She really did love that horrible man. But, what can we do? We told her we would no longer exist. Yet, here we are."

"Something isn't right..." Yui paused and glanced over to where Chii was.

"Loom?! That failure of a Soul Reaper is after Blossom?! Don't make me laugh!" Kenpachi yelles at Ikkaku and Yumichika.

Yumichika tried to smile. "So, I'm guessing you know who this 'Loom' is?"

Kenpachi started to open a bag of chips with Yachiru by his side.

He looked at the two. "Yeah. He was a Soul Reaper. But, he wasn't from the Rukon District or anywhere I've heard of. He just appeared out of nowhere and claimed that he would take down the Head Captain. Of course he failed at that, then he started challenging Captains and he failed at that. Later on though, came the shocking part his real name wasn't Loom. It's..."