"Sweet Scent" (RadioDust) {Part One}

Okay, I explained everything in the previous chapter. But yes, this is a Rewrite of "THAT Time Of The Month." All the answers onto why or how is again, in the previous chapter. Also, title inspired by @MarcusbakerFan1223 Enjoy!

Mostly Alastor POV? Not really

Ding, dong.

The sound ran throughout the dark maroon sky. The hot burning concrete felt like it was shaking. The clock rang. It just hit twelve. The day is over, the year is over. It was finally January.

Ding, dong.

Building windows started to open. One by one, all down each street. Some people were peeking their heads out, others started throwing trash out. In a matter of seconds, the streets started to get filled up. People were finally safe to exit their homes.

Ding, dong.

The sky started to light up once again. Loud bangs echoed throughout the whole ring. Fireworks were flying across the deep blood-like clouds. It was so hostile it caused buildings to vibrate.

It was supposed to be a celebration, a honoring for the ones who survived.

Ding, dong.

.

.

With a new year beginning, more space was emptied out. Which meant new territory was open. It didn't take long for aggressive arguments and dangerous brawls to break out.

Within just a few days, more lives will be lost with only one still standing, finally earning what they risked and fought so much for.

That's how it goes every year. People live, people fight, people lose, people die. Never ever really calming down from the chaos to actually enjoy the moment that could've been easily taken away from them.

Every New Year, every new soul, every new death.. Until this year.

"Ladies and Gentlemen, I'm opening the first of its kind! A hotel that rehabilitates sinners!" The cheery voice echoed down the overcrowded streets. People stopped what they were doing, for just a second, to see what the TV's broadcasting was.

Didn't matter what store, didn't matter what screen. On phones, laptops, tablets, anything. The TV's playing in the backgrounds in restaurants, TV's playing in the waiting rooms, even the screens on display in the streets were showing this interview.

Big groups of people were watching through the store glass windows, too busy listening or having their own conversation with a friend next to them to pay attention on what's going on around them.

That's why when the slight sound of static started to creep towards the building glass, no one batted an eye.

Footsteps could be heard against the sidewalk, along with a quiet hum. Thinking of some sort of tune perhaps.

The people who were walking down the streets of hell, the ones who didn't have interest in what the television was blabbing on about were first time notice him. Some froze in place, holding their breath. Others simply sped up their pace. Some booked down a near ally. Others even hid in dirty, metal trash cans. (Seriously, who does that?)

The footsteps abruptly stopped, and so did the humming. The man stopped in front of something no one had ever seen him stop before. He stopped to watch what was on the picture show.

-January 1st-

"Um.. You want to, help? With..?" The blonde glanced over at the young woman next to her, who wasn't looking back at her. She was glaring at the ground with her arms crossed, not happy about the situation they gotten themselves into. Or the one Charlie gotten them into.