Chapter 3

We snuck back to the bay, surprisingly everyone was asleep even Charlie and Cody managed to go to sleep.

At least we thought everyone was asleep. We went to sleep that night but when we woke up and went to the bar for food we were in huge trouble.

"Mornin' kids, ya hungry?"

"Im good Scraps, you Lee?"

"Sure, can i get a water and a bagel."

"Comin' right up."

I was playing with a wined up toy on the bar counter while Lee ate and talked to Scraps about Vander's time on a rival boat.

"KIDS!!!"

Everyone went silent. No ones ever seen Vander mad before, except me.

"What did i say about going out at night! You could've gotten hurt or worse Cody and Charlie would've been taken away!"

"Lee got caught too."

"cody shut it."

"WHAT!!"

"So this was your idea?!"

...

"No answer?"

"Yeah it was my idea but I thought it wou-"

"You thought it would be fun! GETTING THE KIDS HURT!! YOU THOUGHT IT WOULD BE FUN!!! I don't understand your logic, you want to protect the kids here, you want to protect Lee and the new comers but any chance you get to disobey your one rule you do. So in return you get everyone hurt!"

I dont like to be yelled at. I tried everything i can to not cry but a few tears slide out and he only yells more.

"WHY THE HELL ARE YOU CRYING RIGHT NOW!!! HUH? You put your crew in danger. The kids in danger all because you wanted to play some silly games at night!"

I walked away. I didnt want to be yelled at any more. I cant handle it especially with everyone watching.

"AY WHERE THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOUR GOING YOU THINK YOU CAN JUST IGNORE ME!!"

My walk slowly turned in to a run when he started yelling again, and my tears only got worse. I drown every noise out, running somewhere, anywhere, i just have to get away from the yelling.

I ran off the boat on to the land we reached earlier this morning, and went behind a huge rock to cry.

Ever since i was little and before we lived on the ship, everyone would always yell. Mom and dad fought a lot and so did brother and sister.

Anytime they'd try to play with me the other one would yell at them in front of me and would start trying to hurt them out of rage. Mom and dad didnt even want anything to do with me.

Only then did Vander come into my life. Vander was a family friend and he just happened to walk past my brother and sister fighting in front of me.

And heard my parents fighting as soon as he left the other room. He saw me looking so scared and helpless, he picked me up and took me to my sister's room and played with me in there to drown out the noise.

Ever since then he gave me a phone and told me to call him if they were fighting and he would come get me, no matter what.

**Why was he yelling at me... I didn't mean to mess everything up... but i fixed it after... why is he still mad...