xxxv

chapter 35: first step to true victory

(Name) walks out the Great Timber forest with her clothes looking good as new

(Name) walks out the Great Timber forest with her clothes looking good as new. Kief managed to clean it up before she stepped out of the lake. Everything looked peaceful at least as far as the eye can see.

The sun was slowly setting and so is (Name)'s time. As the sun sets. She knew everything was going as planned. She did not dare meddle with everything that happened and about to happen since it's all important with the story's plot—

Wait.

The plot?

(Name) stopped suddenly in her tracks which caught the attention of the devil next to her. "What's wrong?" He asked but no answer from the said lady.

What am I trying to achieve here..? Save everyone? But they'll die if the reason for their death is not reimbursed by something else.

Like Marco for example. His death was the driving force for Jean to join the survey corpse.

The old ops squad. They died for Eren's character development and for new spots in the ops squad — which was resolved by (Name) taking his anger by telling him his mom was a pean and all that.

Mike—he's not exactly dead but will be asleep for a while. Zeke needed the sample of the 3dm gear.

Hannes— Hannes!

"Do know that fragments of your thoughts fly to me in certain circumstances." Kief said and broke the silence between them. The very moment he said those words, the wind blew hard and the stench of blood finally hit (Name). "I know exactly what you're worrying about."

"So are you going to give me answers!" (Name) starts. "Just like you do before."

"Of course." Kief gave her a bright smile and stepped closer to the girl. He now stands right beside her as they both look at the field ahead.

"I've told you before. A person's death is inevitable when the purpose of their death still avails— you know that. So save whoever you want for your own pleasure but don't try the second time around."

Kief looked over to the girl next to him, "because it's useless."

"Why me?" Finally, the question she's been waiting to ask anyone. "Why only I get to save people? What am I supposed to even do with these powers?"

The dots were finally connecting— and Kief knew that since (Name)'s face was mixed with confusion but at the same time, the moment all her questions was laid on the floor, the dots and answers seem to connect itself.

"If people found out about this power, they'll either see me as a god or the devil. They'll know I have the ability to eradicate the titans. The ability to control them. Powers more frightening that the founder itself—hey, Kief." (Name) cuts herself off when she noticed Kief's dark aura.