Waiting

Y/N POV

Waiting. That's all I've been doing since I left the hospital. Waiting to go back, waiting for everything to blow over and waiting for the calls to stop. I've been ignoring everyone except Jackson and Jo Wilson, the intern assigned to look over me. She's actually a good person. She makes my time at home a little less lonely. See ever since I left the hospital all I've done is sleep, eat and watch a little bit of Netflix.

 My first day home, Jo came to check on me at 8am. I was asleep at the time but thanks to my mother she knew where the spare was and let herself in. So our first meeting was not great. I woke up around 11 and walked downstairs to get some water and their she was sitting on my couch. She's lucky the scrubs and badge corroborated her story about being told to check on me and how my mother said she can only come back if she had check me out. She started to ramble about how she was sorry for starling me but she didn't want to wake me. I thank her and invite her to eat breakfast with me. That's how the days went, She would come over at 8am, let me sleep until 10, then I would make breakfast for us, which we eat while watching Netflix. Then she would give me a check up before leaving. One day as we were watching Netflix Jo had staring at me for most of the movie. After the movie finished I had decided to bite. 

As I picked the dirty dishes we used and took them to the kitchen to wash them, I said to her. " Jo you've been staring at me for awhile now. Just say what you want to say." With that she quickly hopped up off the couch and ran behind me. Once she got to the kitchen she sat at the island behind me and quickly started talking.

" Okay, so I know I'm not supposed to ask you about this, but what are you going to do about Derek Shepherd? Everyone is wondering. Have you thought about it yet? Wait, Did you decide? Is that why you are avoiding Amelia?" After her spiel, I calmly turned around to face her. " Yes, I have thought about it and no that's why I'm avoiding her. Also, I'm pretty sure you have a thought on the situation. So tell me what you think I should do and I'll tell you if are right." With that I sit right across from her.

" Well I think what Derek did was unprofessional and he should definitely face some consequences. I just can't decide If I want to see him locked up or you guys go at it again but no cheap shots, a fair fight. " At the last part I bust out laughing. Seeing Derek in a boxing ring would be hilarious, especially against me lose?" I say that fully confident I won't, I just want to see her reasoning.

"Well I may have been talking with your brother about the situation and he told me about you being great in the ring. So I would love to see how good you actually are. I can't just believe your brother's word, no offence but he is your brother, he's supposed to say those things." After she finishes speaking to me, I feel my ego inflate. But one look at her makes me realize that was her plan. As I lean across the counter I ramble off my thoughts" You're gonna have to try harder to make fall for something like that. Why the sudden interest in seeing me fight someone? Has Derek done something wrong to you or does seeing people fighting do it for you?"

She then leans closer to me," I don't know if that's something I'm into, maybe you can help me find out." After she say that neither one of us moves. As we stare at each other, our faces just inches away. I hear a voice coming from the doorway. 

" Hey Ryder, Your mom sent me over because Jo hasn't come back yet and I-" I look over and it's Amelia standing in halfway in the doorway. Jo quickly scoots back away from as Amelia looks on with a frown. " I now understand why. I'll just make up something to tell your mom" With that she leaves just as quickly as she came in. I run over and out the door to try to stop her but she quickly gets on the elevator and leaves me standing in my hallway.