Unexpected Partners

Y/N POV

Once we enter the room I quickly slip my hoodie off and wash my hands as the other doctor goes to check on the baby's vitals. While putting on gloves, I walk over to the patient and introduce myself. She was up and responsive, which is surprising for GSW to the head. After I check her over, I tell the nurses to take her up the O.R.

After everyone leaves, I quickly follow behind them. I let them on the elevator first and wait for the next one. Once the elevator I get on. As the doors start to close, a hand slides between to stop them. The doors open to reveal the redhead doctor. Once she walks inside and the doors close, I can feel her gaze on me. Without Looking at her, I say " Are you going to speak what's on your mind?" With that she moves from her spot and hits the emergency stop button.

" Do you even remember me or was I just a notch in your belt?" she said after she turned to face me. The way she said it was like a slap in the face. I took a minuet and walked over and pushed the button again to get the elevator going. Afterwards I turned to her and looked her in the eyes. "I could never forget you Dr. Addison Montgomery. I can show you all the things I do remember after we save this Mother and child."

After that she leaned back against the elevator wall with a look of contemplation on her face. The silence and tension that followed was thick. Once the doors, she quickly rushed to the scrub room, with me following behind. The surgery was long and tedious, right after Addison successfully removed the baby, which was a boy, the mother crashed. It seemed like her body was only holding on for her baby, but she was revived. Right at the end of the surgery as I was closing her up, I seen Amelia walk into the scrub room, where Addison was waiting for me. She had already got the baby settled in the nurses and the father was there with him. I started to panic a bit as I know how Amelia would react if she found out we slept together. I went back to focusing because this mother needed me at best. Once I finished and the nurses started to take her out of the O.R, I looked up and saw them both looking at me, I decided to bite the bullet and face them. Once I walked in to scrub from the surgery Amelia was on me.

"What were you thinking, doing a surgery when you're still injured?" She slightly yelled at me while I cleaned myself off. It kinda pissed me off, this mother needed immediate help. So I turned it back on her. "Where were you? Huh? Addison said she paged Neuro multiple times?" The look of guilt on her face said it all to me. " Doesn't matter, I see you got to meet Dr. Montgomery." With that Addison chimed in, "We've met before." This surprises me, maybe they met at a convention like Addison and I did. " Yea, she's my brothers ex wife."

 You've got to be kidding me.