Trauma

Y/N POV

The first thing Jo says to me as I come back in is " Why did she call you Ryder?" It's not what I expected but I'm thankful she didn't ask about how she got in or talked about what happened in the hallway.

" It's my middle name. So only people close to me call me Ryder." I say as I walk upstairs past her. As I walk up, I hear her footsteps running up behind me to catch up to me. " Wait why is that I don't know your middle name. I mean I've looked you up thousands of times and that isn't on anything I've found." As I respond I walk into my closet, " That's because Catherine and I keep that hidden. I don't want that part of myself out there. Just like my childhood before Catherine." She follows me in too and takes in all of the room. As she does, I can see the wheels turning in her head.

"Wait, So you have a middle name and some secret backstory, We have some much in come. Also, why do you have a big ass closet here when you don't even live on this coast?" With out looking at her, I respond as I pick out some clothes to wear, " I may not live this coast but this is home. It will always be home. Also seeing as I'm back now and I've accumulated more clothes on my travels, it makes even more since now. Okay, now that I've answered your questions, are you going to stand here while I change or can I have my privacy?" I say while pointedly looking at Jo and my clothes that I've laid out. Once she realizes, she leaves the room for me to get dressed. Once the door is closed, I quickly strip out of my pajamas and change into my clothes. Once I was done, I left and went downstairs with Jo right behind me. Once downstairs I quickly grab my keys and head for the door. As I open the door, I realize Jo is not behind me. So turn around to find her looking at me confused.

"Well are you coming?" I ask pointing out the door to infamize my statement

"Well are you coming?" I ask pointing out the door to infamize my statement. She grabs her jacket of the couch and quickly follows me out the door to the elevator. While we wait for the elevator she speaks up." Where are going?" I respond as the elevator doors open, "The hospital".

The drive to the hospital was okay except for the fact that Jo kept asking me if I was sure and how was my head feeling and a bunch more questions. I calmly told her a doctor of my stature should know if they were fine and that was the end of the questions. Now I'm currently walking down the halls of the hospital looking for my office. The whole reason I came here is to address everything that has happened and move on and to do so I need to call a meeting, hence needing my office. When I was sent home, Mom made sure I couldn't do work by making me leave my work laptop in my office and to call a meeting I need to send out an email. After walking for a bit I find it and let myself in. Once in I sit down and send off the email. Afterwards I sit back and wait for my Mom or Jackson to come in, seeing as I'm sure by now Jo has told my Mom I'm in the hospital. I don't blame her for giving me up, Catherine Avery can be very scary. Not long after Jackson comes barging through the door.

" Look at you looking like the cat that ate the canary. You know based off that look on your face you must have a plan. I sure hope everything goes to plan for you this isn't like Mission: Party. That blew up pretty bad." He says as he stands leaning against the door. The fact he brought up Mission: Party sticks out most to me. " Hey! Everything is going to right okay. Also I thought we agreed to never speak of that night." I say as I get up and walk out the door. " We agreed to not speak on in front of Mom." He says as he follows right behind me. Once we get halfway down the hallway, His pager goes off. He looks down at it and looks back at me. " There's a multiple casualty on the way." Once he says that we sprint off to the E.R.

Once we get to the E.R, we see everyone in a hustle to get ready before the first ambulance gets here. Apparently there was a shooting at a mall. Jackson quickly points out mom and we rush over to her. As we get closer to her, we hear give instructions to the interns on what specialty they will be helping through all of this. After the interns disburse, she quickly acknowledges us.

" Jackson, baby you will be in E.R room 3. All patients in need of plastics help will be sent there. Your interns should already be there getting everything ready." Jackson nods at the new information, but doesn't walk away just yet. " Okay mom where do you want me?" Without missing a beat she says, " Back home where you should be." Before I can even respond, a red headed doctor comes running up to my mom. 

"Catherine I've been paging Neuro for 10 minutes now and no one has came. I have pregnant woman with a head trauma and a baby in distress. I don't know how long she will be stable. I need someone now!" Without missing a beat, I quickly say, " Hi, I'm Doctor Hamilton. I am free to assist you. Lets walk and talk." With that she turns away leading me to where the patient was and we walk updates me on her condition. As we walk, all I can think is I didn't expect to see her again.