Chapter ❻ : The Strict City

CHAPTER ❻ : The Strict City

" I am Aqua. " She looked at me, " If you would agree, may I accompany you in your journey? "

" No. " I said with a straight face, stood up, and started to walk away.

" W-Wait!! I'm sick and tired just staying here in the forest! " She ran towards me, " They don't allow dragons like me traveling in the city without a person! "

" And I am suppose to do that? No way. " I said coldly, and ignored her. I already said that I will be traveling alone.

" Please? " She used her sparkly eyes. I continued, but what if she could help me? Nah, she doesn't know anything by staying here.

" Pleeease?? " She said, in a more exaggerated voice. I would like to know about the new species, and I would like more species of dragon. But..

" Pweeeaty Pleeease?!?! " She said, in the most exaggerated tone she could do. Ugh, this new species is such a pain in the ass.

" Fine. I'm just doing this because I'm interested in more ways I could discover a new specie. " I closed my eyes and sighed, by now she was beside me.

" Eh? " She had her eyes widened, " Are you some kind of dragon researcher? You do know about me being new and that I can't fly. "

" You could say that. " I smiled, and walked out of the forest. It was already cloudy, I hadn't notice our conversation took some time. Or maybe.. " Aqua, "

" Yes? " She looked at me dumbfounded, because while walking, I stopped her putting my arm in front of her, I sense something coming our way.

" Are you the only dragon in this forest? " I said with my straight look and my cold tone, and it seemed to surprise Aqua for a moment.

" S-Seems like it. " She stuttered, and looked down. " This forest, before was burned down, along with the inhabitants, I was the only survivor. "

Yes, in fact this is the biggest forest in the west, I just noticed that now. Too bad I didn't name it. Though even in fire, it didn't change after the regrowth. But I haven't heard of a big forest fire before, maybe I was at the human world at the time.

She looks like she's almost reaching the age of an adult dragon. But since she's a mix breed, she has an abnormal growth than most dragons. I'll have to ask Teipei about this once I get back to the Northern region again. Right now I'm in between North and Northwest. This at least is going to take 2-3 days, too bad Aqua can't fly.

" How long did it take for the whole forest to grow like how it was before? " I asked, with the same tone of voice.

" I too don't remember. " She sighed, looking depressed, " I was a young dragon back then, and I was put to another far away forest. "

" Hm, is that so? " I put my hand on my chin, and she nodded in reply. " Anyway, come with me if you want to. " I walked away.

" D-don't leave me! Pervert! " She jumped out of the water and shook her body, like how a dog after a bath dries off. And she ran to me.

" We are going to pass by many forests, but a few cities. " I said as I looked up, looking calmly into the blue, cloudy sky.

" I have a question. " She started, " How come you know so much about this place? Not only that but about the history of dragons? "

" You asked if I was like a dragon researcher and I said maybe. " I continued, " I know much about this place because I lived here. " Huge lie.

" What?! " She looked at me almost like it was unbelievable, " I haven't seen you anywhere before? You don't look like you're from Ruubien. "