Chapter ❼ : The Comeback

CHAPTER ❼ : The Comeback

We have been passing by many small towns, same with the forests too. Then, night has come, we didn't see any forests or towns nearby, so we had to sleep on the ground tonight, we are already three-fourths towards the Western region anyway. Just a few more hours of walking then we'll be reaching that place in no time. But, I might have been worrying my parents already.

" Hey, I'm not a normal dragon, so I won't be able to warm us up during the cold night, " Aqua said, laying down on the ground, " ..its specially cold here. "

" Hmm? " I raised a brow, " When did I say I want warmth from you? " I looked at her with my eyes a little closed, and of course she was shocked.

" I-Idiot! " She growled, " I didn't say that we were supposed to use body heat!! " she looked away and lay down her head. She soon fell asleep.

" Dragons really do fall asleep that easily if they're stressed, huh? " I turned my head, and casted a portal to the other world, this time it was the color of cyan.

[In the Mundane/Human world...]

I arrived soon, and it was also nighttime in the human world, it seems. Well, time here is much much slower than in Ruubien so I don't see the point not. But it has been 11 hours since I went to the other world, mother and father must've been really worried by now. Also, I'm feeling a bit hungry.

" Dear, oh dear! " I heard banging downstairs, " Where could've that idiot boy have gone! I know he always stays in his room looking outiside! Could that boy always have been waiting to get out of here! " That was mother.

" H-Honey, you already broke the 7th plate.. " Dad was having a hard time toni her down, well, Mother was always this rowdy when she's worried..

" Mother, I have come home. " I took off my cape earlier, so she won't get suspicious. And I bowed my head slightly, " Sorry, I just went somewhere-- "

" You stupid son! " She hugged me before I even finished, and it surprised me a lot, she was already at the point where as she was crying. " I was seriously worried.. "

" H-Honey... " Dad said, in a really soft and relieved way.

" I'm sorry. " I reverted to my straight look and hugged her back, " I just found some new ways to kill time. " and she let go, with the same face. Only angrier.

" I thought you didn't have interest in women! " She stomped her feet, " You barely talked to any woman in school! "

" Oh, speaking of school.. " Dad started, scratching his chin, " ..Saichiro, have you thought of any schools you want to go in? "

" Not really. " I closed my eyes, and brewed some coffee. " I can go anywhere, just as long as its near here, its a pain riding the train. "

" How about that high school? " Mom said, putting her hand below her chin, " The one that teaches various languages? " she cheered up, " That one is fine! "

" What?! " Dad suddenly stood up, looking surprised, " Is it that Crowne High?! " Hmn? I haven't heard of such a school, maybe its new. Ahh, whatever.

" Saichiro! " Mom came running to me, and I almost spilled my coffee, " How about it?! Crowne Highschool is perfect for your future! "

" As I said, I'm fine with anything. " I took a sip from my coffee after. " But, I won't accept if it does anything to your budget. "

" Waah~! That's why we're proud to call you our son! " Mother exclaimed as they both ran to me and hugged me tight, tight enough for me to spill all my coffee.