10

Harvey gulped down his disappointed. It was okay, Shane didn't have to remember. It probably even was better if he didn't do. This was wrong in the first place - which didn't mean he wasn't willing to support him finding the right path though. After all he was a doctor and he chose his profession according to his morals: He wanted to help people in need. And Shane obviously needed help more than anyone in this town, proven again by recent events and his lack of memory.

Nevertheless it left a bitter taste on his tongue, thinking that whatever happened between them was nothing more than Shane being drunk and feeling lonely.
"No, I don't believe there is something remarkable to remember, Shane. But it should make you think - Fainting from overconsumption is a bad sign, don't you think? Don't you think you reached a point you desperately need to change something?", Harvey said composed, his voice calm but there was something grave chiming in his voice.
"Yeah whatever, doc, isn't like I wasn't trying," he lifted himself from the bed clumsily and staggered past Harvey into the kitchen.

"Dragging a bag of beer cans around isn't really something I'd call trying", he turned towards Shane, his arms crossed in front of his chest. Yet all he earned for his remark was a nonchalant glance while the hungover Shane was sitting down to eat the toast Harvey prepared.
The doctor rolled his eyes. What exactly found he lovable about that guy just a few minutes ago?
"Anyway, you need to talk to Marnie. You need to apologize for you actions and actually change."
"But 'm feeling bad, I can't look her in the eyes right now..."
"That won't change until you apologize, until you stop waiting for something to happen and actually start taking action."

But as Harvey was about to go on moving Shane to make a change, there was a knock on the door. Hesitantly both men were looking towards the entrance, rather questioning since that early in the morning Maru shouldn't be there yet and no patient needed hospitalisation before the business hours, usually.
So Harvey gave Shane a sign that he should be waiting here whereas he was walking towards the door, opening it cautiously.

Standing on the doormat was Sam. Agitated he was tapping with his foot, looking at the doctor with sorrow written across his face. His expression called for urgency.
"Oh- Sam. You're a bit early, did something happen?"
"Yes, Doc, Harvey, Doc, there's something up with...", Sam spoke quickly but his gaze was travelling past the doctor to the man in boxer shorts sitting at the kitchen table, staring at him blankly. A moment of silent confusion arose. Harvey quickly coughed and stepped into Sams view again, blocking the sight of Shane.
He cleared his throat, "There's something up with?"
"Uh- Uh yeah, god, there's something up with Sebastian. I swear he was all fine yesterday but when we wo- when he woke up this morning he really wasn't well. You have to come look at him yourself!"