13

While Harvey was getting up the stairs, his thoughts left Sebastian and his coffee problem. Maybe he could find within his medical magazines something about caffeine abuse and the damages it could do to the body and hand them to the young man, as if it had any use. 
However, as soon as Harvey had entered the clinic again, his mind was focussed on his own problems again. 
And no matter how cynical it might sound, right now the huge main parts of this problems had a name: Shane. 

But to his surprise, when he entered his aparment, it was empty. Shane was all gone.

Harvey had not expected at all that the first emotion he felt in that second was fear. Not for him, he was afraid that something might have happened to Shane, that he might have done something to himself after all... 

When he spotted his bag next to his bag, he was able to convince himself that this was a good sign. The clothes that he wore yesterday and that had been stacked next to the bedside table were gone thou - Harvey just hoped that he didn't put them on again. They didn't seem very clean anymore. On the other hand Shane didn't seem to have anything else to wear, so what choice did he had?

Right when Harvey thought about grabbing his phone and calling Marnie to check if her nephew went back to her place, to maybe seek forgiveness, or Gus to see if he went to the bar, his eyes fell on the clock on the wall. It was worktime already, Shane had probably just went to the Joja-Market to fulfill his duties as an employee. Hopefully he'd come back after this, to grab the rest of his stuff... 

Actually, Harvey wanted to go down to offically open the clinic, but his view got stuck on the bag of his temporary roommate. When he saw Shane carrying it in, he thought it was probably all he needed for a night, pyjamas, his toothbrush and stuff, but so far he just saw Shane pulling beer out of it. Was this really all he carried around?

Knowing that what he was about to do was not the right way to go, Harvey snuck over to the bag on the ground, picked it up and dared a peek inside. Meanwhile, his mind tried to justify what he was doing. Shane had shown so much audacity and lacks of respect and privacy since he entered his home that he couldn't get mad at him for risking a look. 

As expected, there were mainly beer cans inside, a bottle of sleeping pills and a bunch of pictures, apparently drawn by Jas. Some of them showed her alongside Shane in various situations, as good as a child in her age could probably draw it. Some others showed a chicken, sometimes with Shane, in tidy letters titled as "Charlie". Harvey had never heard the name before, but he couldn't help but be a little touched. As reprehensible it might be to only take medicaments and alcohol for a night out, as cute was it that Shane carried the pictures of his godchild around. 
Jas sure meant a lot to him - how hurt must he be for harming her like the way he did? Suddendly all the safe-hatred that Harvey had experienced seemed a little more understandable. Not justified of course, as less as he liked Shane, no man deserved to have this opinion of himself - but understandable. 

Right when Harvey wanted to put the bag back on the ground, a folded paper fell into his hands. It wasn't another drawing for sure, it was too thin and tidy for this. 
Curious and a little worried Harvey unfolded it. The paper turned out to be a printed letter, marked with the logo of JoJa almost mockingly in the upper corner. 
Knowing that he wasn't allowed to do so, Harvey overread the lines. Apparently, the letter was from Mr. Morris himself, who told Shane how generous and kind it was of him that he didn't threw him out yet, and that he got paid the same salary as the other employers even thou he did markable less in the same time, and that they didn't mind "the incidents" - other employers wouldn't thrown him out at the first time. 
Oh well, Harvey thought, with the issues that Shane had it had probably only been a matter of time until he appeared drunk at work. Employers usually didn't like that, and if it was the case, then it was really noble of the Joja-Market to keep him employed after all. 

But there was something strange about the letter. Harvey had seen some of this kind before, and normally they went straight to the issue and named it clearly, but this one was so vague.
And then, there were the last lines of the paper that somehow gave him the creeps:
"As you see, we are trying the best to be good employers for you - so please be so kind and be a good employee too, and a good employees sort the ware into the shelves. Otherwise we sadly can't give you any guarantee anymore."

Lost in thoughts Harvey went down to the clinic room this day. Something just wouldn't leave him in peace, something kept on haunting through his head. 
He wondered if he should talk to Shane about this omnious letter? But then he had to admit that he searched through his stuff, and Shane surely wouldn't like this. Also the man had to fight other demons at the moment, it was probably better to talk about this problems first when he came back this evening.

If he came back at all.