Training

Percy's POV

After Chiron told us to start training we made a schedule and the first thing on it was activating our auras with Sophie and Josh Newman.  We all went to a little secluded area where we did the pranks and got ambushed. 

"Ok so, there are four different types of elemental magic, earth, water, air, and fire.  Percy, I don't know if water magic might make your water control more powerful or the same.  First Josh will activate your auras and then we'll practice air magic," explained Sophie as Josh went around to activate ou auras.  When it was my turn my senses were overwhelmed, I could see an ant crawling across a tree 100 ft. away, and I felt the cool breeze against my skin overwhelm me.  I also could taste the water I drank before still in my mouth, but the worst was my smell, which I could smell the outhouses 200 ft. away overwhelming my senses.  It was all I could do not to through up.

"Are you guys okay," asked Josh nervously, "Did I mess anything up?"

"No," I said nauseously, "Unless I'm not supposed to have my senses overwhelmed and be able to smell the bathrooms from here."

"Well now that none of you guys have barfed I think we should progress onto air magic," Sophie said as we all went over to Sophie who had the knowledge of the witch of Endor who was supposed to be, like the best at air magic.  "So I might be able to transfer her knowledge to all of you guys at one time, if I can't do that then Josh will show you how to do it since that's all I knew."

"Okay on go," said Josh grabbing chairs for everyone.  Once everyone had one he continued, "Three... Two...One...Go,"  As soon as he said go I saw a rush of images in my mind.  I saw this lady shaping clouds, turning a tide of arrows on animal hybrids, Sophie Newman fighting a demonic animal with air magic, and tons of other images that I couldn't keep track of.  Then as soon as it started it disappeared and left me with a light tingly feeling that I hadn't felt before.  As soon as I acknowledged that feeling I suddenly knew what to do to do air magic.  I just thought of how cool it would be to fly and then suddenly I was above everyone else and was floating 10 ft. above everyone else.  I had gone so quickly none of the others had noticed until Annabeth looked around for me and didn't see me in my chair and started freaking out until I yelled out where to look.

"Oh Percy I am so going to kill you," growled Annabeth.  Suddenly she was up in the air right next to me and the reached over to judo flip me, but I was too quick and dropped to the ground before she could reach me.  After a couple of minutes of Annabeth trying to get me she gave up and we all kept practicing until it was time for our next class.

"Looks like we have Scathach and Aifoe, that's going to be a pain," groaned Josh as he checked the schedule.  We entered the arena in a couple of minutes and saw that Scathach and Aifoe planned on making the arena as deadly as possible by moving, rotating, and attacking dummies, a huge maze that looked like a labyrinth and different creatures of various sizes and which some blew fire.

"Ok, welcome to the new sword fighting class in which you will be almost killed many times and is essentially your PE in a regular class," explained Aifoe, "Percy, Annabeth you guys will be going through the maze, and then you'll come back to us for more instructions.  The rest of you follow me so we can figure out how to hold it and then all the basics."  As Scathach shooed us over to the entrance, Aifoe led the others to a little area of open space to practice holding it and basic techniques.

"Ok, on three.  One, two, three," I said as we rushed in expecting to be attacked.  After going through the first part of the maze I realized that it was a straight path with various monsters that you had to stop.  The first thing we had to face was a cute little chicken.  At first, we just tried to go around it but then the chicken brushed my leg and shot a bolt of electricity at me.  Stunned at what the chicken did I uncapped my sword.  As soon as the chicken saw the sword he went psycho and started spinning around and shooting bolts of lightning everywhere.  We took cover behind a little wall while the chicken eventually got too dizzy and collapsed on the floor.  Annabeth tip-toed toward it and chopped its head off.  The rest of the things were dummies or monsters that you could tell from sight.  It took us about 30 minutes to complete the whole thing.  After killing the drakon we emerged from the maze sweating and tired from the maze.  After taking a quick breather we went over to where Scathach and Aifoe were fighting insanely quick and moving like a whirlwind.  All I could see was two green blurs and sometimes a flash of silver.  After a second or so of waiting they stopped fighting and turned to us.

"Perfect, you made it out alive!" said Scathach, "You get a five-minute break, and then we're going to teach you new techniques."  I breathed out a sigh of relief as we both collapsed down on the bench.  Finding a cooler full of water I dumped it on myself and instantly felt re-energized.  When I was finished filling up the cooler we got up and went over to the twins.  After teaching us 15 moves the others came out of the maze sweating and panting as if they had just run 50 miles.  They all moved groggily over to a bench and sat down while trying to find water.  While Scathach and Aifoe were checking if they weren't going to pass out Annabeth and I sparred for a bit.  We both had added more techniques to our arsenal and our fighting got even deadlier.  In the end, though I eventually overpowered Annabeth with a sick jump and disarm move that sent her sword straight over my head and into the dirt a couple of feet behind me.

As soon as everyone got back on their feet Scathach declared that they were done for the day and would work on sparring the next day.

"Thank god that was over," gasped Fitz, "I really hated that electrocuting chicken thing.  Do you guys know what we have next?"  I looked at my schedule and found out we had lunch and then I and Annabeth were teaching them about greek mythology.

"Looks like we have lunch and after that me and Annabeth are teaching greek mythology," I said as we headed to the dining pavilion for lunch.