002

𓆩♡𓆪1986, September 29

𓆩𓆪
1986, September 29. 5:00 AM

MAYA, AGAIN CURSED her terrible luck of hitting her alarm clock with her right hand. It was a usual thing in the mornings, somehow, something would always go wrong for her.

The light in the trailer park had been messed up again, and for the record, the sun hadn't even come out yet. Maya had to dress up with absolutely no other light source than a flashlight, barely seeing what clothes she would be wearing.

After bumping into at least seven unknown pieces of furniture in her room, the raven haired girl finally was able to fit her clothing properly. After storing two tiny vodka vials in her right Converse and a few cigarettes inside her laced dark red bra for the upcoming week, she left the house, forgetting to bring her breakfast with her again.

𓆩♡𓆪
7:27 AM

Mondays weren't that much of a problem for Maya, unlike most people her age. She always thought that they were as bad as any other day of the week.

The first thing the young girl had done when she finally got inside the insufferable building in where she had to spend most her days in, was run towards the first bathroom stall she came across.

After getting into the third cubicle, she untied her right shoe and took one of the small vials in her cold hands. Chugging the drink in less than a few seconds, she displayed a sour face of the horrendous flavor alcohol had. She never liked drinking, it was just the aftermath that she enjoyed the most. She always needed a boost of confidence to start the week.

The burning feeling slid down her throat, and she attempted to lick her plump lips as if that'd stop the salivating inside her mouth.

And once again, she slowly directed towards her classroom, checking the ticking clock in one of the hallway's doors and assuming she was late again. When she opened the door, the class got silent suddenly.

Maya stood there, with a smirk in her face, until her teacher finally decided to speak.

"Miss Munson. I thought we had talked about this." The exhausted look in her eyes just amused the raven haired girl even more. Maya put off a stupidly obvious fake sweet face as she leaned in the doorframe

"Won't happen again." She said amusingly. "I promise" The prior had whispered the last sentence for only her tutor to hear. She then directed towards the only empty seat in the classroom, right on the middle, next to a curly haired boy with her weird brother's cult shirt.

She immediately looked at him with a raised eyebrow. "So you're friends with Eddie, I see?" She asked him playfully.

"Oh yeah." The boy seemed surprised that she even acknowledged him as he looked down to his shirt. "They're cool, right? You're Eddie's sister?". He smiled with his brace covered teeth.