PRELUDE : MAYA MUNSON

𓆩♡𓆪1896, September 28, 4:52 AM

𓆩♡𓆪
1896, September 28, 4:52 AM

A STRONG SOUND echoed in Maya's head, triggering her brain in her slumber. Abruptly waking her up in the uncomfortable couch she was resting in. Her back slowly arched, her dry mouth producing a yawn. Scanning the situation she found herself in, the black haired young girl forced her legs to stand up.

"Shit, shit, shit." She was now rushing to get dressed as the blue and red lights coming from outside the window stained her frowning sleepy face, the main door was knocked softly as she was struggling to zip her shorts which were on the floor. Her mind was not working properly, she couldn't even remember what had happened on the previous night. 

Grabbing the first shirt she saw on the ground, she hastily passed it through her head, she then sprinted towards one of the drawers in the room, trying to not step on the teenagers lying on the floor. She opened it  anxiously and was quick to store the plastic bags she found in it in her pockets.

Effortlessly, she sneaked out from the window and shuffled towards her trailer house in the forest. Finding her way home by pure luck as darkness filled the scenario.

𓆩♡𓆪

5:42 AM

"As a result of the fire in Starcourt, now more small businesses have started to re-open again. Even so, citizens affirm that the sombre death of the chief Jim Hopper has now wretched the town with despair. We are now—"

Maya whimpered as she fell down the window of their trailer. "Who the fuck moved the couch?" She wondered as she observed her now bleeding scraped knees. Turning around, she switched off the mumbling man on the radio talking about more deaths. The Munson girl couldn't care less about it, what happened to Hawkins was the least of her concerns at the moment.

What really concerned her now was the raven curly-haired boy lying on a mattress placed in the middle of her living room. Maya avoided stepping close to it in case he woke up, it wouldn't be good news.

When she finally got in her tiny bedroom, she started stripping off the clothes she randomly got from the house she previously was in. She noticed that she had been wearing a Metallica oversized tee all along. "Eddie will definitely love this. I'm keeping it".

Not bothering to even remove her makeup nor brush her teeth, she fell back again into slumber. With the faint smell of tobacco and alcohol in her nose, together with Jason Carver's scent.