10- Finally Conscious

sup, i hate school work. and i also hate my phone. lets go throw it out. i spent 3 hours reading a steddie fic and it was great but such a waste of time doing productive things. so now imma procrastinate writing further. we stan 

Steve POV: 

"Have a good night, I mean it," Robin said accusatorily, twisting in her seat to talk to me

"Yeah, yeah, see you tomorrow morning," I shrugged off what she said, unlocking the doors

She analyzed my expression. I tried to keep it blank.

After a second, she got out, not turning back on her way into the house.

Why didn't I just tell her about Eddie?

I started the car, pulling out and feeling like I was on autopilot whilst I drove

The whole day, it has been bothering me.

 'Is Eddie ok?'

 'Is Eddie awake yet?'

'I wonder what Eddie is doing right now'

My thoughts circulated like an endless loop. 

After Robin's little pep talk from earlier, it made my suspicion clear

She was on to me

Whether it was just her way of caring, or she was suspicious of me herself, she would not leave it alone.

I suppose I should be grateful, but it was anxiety inducing. 

Why the fuck didn't I just tell her?

Now I have to lie about it. I don't want to lie to Robin. That's just... wrong. 

Maybe I should just tell everyone right now

OK that's an even worse idea. I haven't even made it home. Eddie could be dead for all I know.

As the thought entered my head. I realized I made it to my home. Somehow without crashing. 

Eager to see Eddie (not in that way), I turned off the car and flung myself out. 

 I still need to drive that camper off into a ditch

I stared at the vehicle as I walked by, turning my head as I passed.

Maybe Eddie could help

I jumped up the steps. Turning the knob and shoving the door open, I caught it just before it bashed into the wall. 

I slipped off my shoes with my feet, shutting the door behind me. 

I skidded to a stop right outside the basement door. 

The peroxide was in the bathroom directly to my left.

I opened the door and dove to the cabinet underneath.

There was a basket I almost forgot about.

Labeled 'lil emergency', in sharpie on a piece of duct tape, where there was a shallow plastic bucket of hydrogen peroxide, band aids, tweezers (probably for splinters), and other little things.

This was the small basket I used years ago. I made it roughly 2 years ago, when the demodogs first struck. It was only a basket of small stuff. I had the basket called 'big emergency' downstairs in the basement, though the stuff made it everywhere but the basket.

I grabbed the bottle and flicked the lights off. 

  Knocking on the basement door, just in case Eddie was awake or something, I counted from 3 before swinging it open.